“1,000 points on open table”
Review of Trader Vic's - CLOSED

Trader Vic's
Cuisines: American, Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 12th
Transit: We are conveniently located one block from both the north and south bound Trolley cars, and bus 17 stops at the corner.
Description: :Temporarily closed due to fire: Trader Vic's was created by "Trader" Vic Bergeron in 1937 when he converted his saloon in Oakland, California, into a tropical retreat decorated with art and artifacts from the South Pacific, complemented by an ever-expanding menu of exotic and imaginative cocktails and Chinese/Polynesian-style food. Trader Vic's Portland offers an escape to paradise in the middle of the Pearl District. Enjoy great appetizers and finger foods, amazing entrees and mind-blowing exotic cocktails while surrounded by the world-famous Trader Vic's decor.
Portland, Oregon
“1,000 points on open table”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I made reservations at this restaurant because of the special on open table. While the food was good, I was disappointed that they literally did not have a salad dressing that wasn't cream based. The server didn't seem to understand my request and kept bringing me different cream based dressing. After several attempts at explaining he finally brought me some olive oil. He was attentive and nice enough I won't be back.

West Linn, Oregon
“Fantastic Restaurant for a Celebration!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's birthday at Trader Vic's in Portland Oregon last month. The food was delicious from the appetizers to the desserts. The Mai Tais were heavenly. We love this place so much we are celebrating my 60th birthday there in two weeks. Having a sit down dinner for 35 people complete with the Tiki Bar. I can hardly wait!

Lake Oswego
“Tropical vacation on Glisan Street”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've always loved the idea of "Tiki restaurants" especially when they are classy and not tacky. Trader Vic's in Portland is exactly that. The interior is exquisite -- from the running water cascading down the stone wall as you enter, to the woodwork, tiki art and rattan work.

The cocktails are just as you would expect in a Polynesian restaurant, Zombies, Mai Tai's and Navy Grog... all served beautifully.

The meals are tasty, the choices many, and the presentation is lovely. I will come back here again and again anytime I want to take a quick tropical vacation and be back home in a couple of hours.

CEDAR CITY
“Disappointing experience.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I do like to take my time while eating but this was ridiculous. We finshed our appetizers and waited for almost a half an hour for the main course. Very bad timing in our dinner service. I'll probably give them a year or so before I go back.

• Visited August 2013
“A Tropical destination in Portland.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for the start of Happy Hour at 3pm on a Friday. Glad we did! Only stayed for one cocktail and calamari but it was due to our schedule and we wished we had time to stay longer. The atmosphere screamed fun and relaxation. large windows/shutters were open so it almost felt like we were outside. We sat at the bar and everyone there was polite, professional and really added to the relaxation theme. They did a great job of creating a piece of tropical paradise in the middle of Portland. Calamari was well done and tasty. The cocktail menu was tropical and had a wide range of recipes, much more than your standard rum drinks. We went with gin cocktails and they were superb. Fresh juice and garnishes too. A must for happy hour!

Visited July 2013