“Best coffee shop in Portland for sure”
Review of Coava

Coava
Ranked #10 of 223 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place is amazing! I've been going here since it first opened and every time I go back I am again impressed by how great the coffee is, how nice the staff is, and how beautiful the space is!

It is housed in a lofty windowlicious bamboo showroom on the east side of river. And they are always on the cutting edge of coffee roasting and brewing.

If you like coffee, you must go here and forget Stumptown (although Stump is good too). Cappuccino's are the best (and you can have almond milk cappuccinos, if you desire)!

Also talk to the staff about coffee, they are super knowledgeable and friendly!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is quite simple. I have been touring PDX coffee shops for some time now. This is the best one. Unpretentious and smack in the middle of all that is industrial serving the cheapest and best coffee around. Great coffee profiles and their Chemex is half the price of Stumptowns! I think price of coffee alone also beats my previously favorite Barista.

1  Thank vyakal
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent coffee; wonderful staff; highly unique setting. Recommended by friends and thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have worked as a barista for many years and coming to Portland for the first time I made it a priority to see what shops were the best in town.
The way I see it Coava has the complete package. Knowledgeable baristas, on-site roasting, unique space, clean bathrooms.
Extra points for customer service. The barista working the machine was able to speak eloquently about the various coffees they were offering and helped me settle on a macchiato and a bag of Colombian beans. We chatted for a while and he recommended other coffee shops around Portland that I should check out before I leave. Good to see shops looking out for each other.
Location is pretty cool because a few blocks closer to the river there are some relatively new lunch joints and other coffee companies doing their thing.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great space to hang out and enjoy their delicious coffee. We met some very friendly and helpful Portlanders (is that what people from Portland are called?) who gave us some great recommendations for our visit.