Paramount Hotel
Sentinel(Portland)
  • Room Service
Hotel Lucia(Portland)
1,293 results
All reviewsdirector parkdirector's parkgreat locationwhiskey barjetted tubthe portland art museumcorner roomwithin walking distancevalet parkingpioneer squarelight railfarmers marketmovie theatertwo blocksthe hotel staffdowntown locationthe pearl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2009

The room was a good size and the location is great but they charged us a $50 pet fee which I think is outrageous. They said it was because they have to steam clean the carpets after a pet stays in the room but our carpet was already dirty. They charge $29 to park which is too high so we self-parked in the garage just across the street for $10. The restaurant had good food and drinks. They also charge for wifi in your room.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We stayed at the Paramount for three nights. After a check-in procedure that did not go as smoothly as it should have, we settled in. Our room was lovely -- good decor, great bed linens, large bathroom with good amenities and fast internet access.

Although there is an active construction project across the street from the hotel, we were not disturbed by any noise.

The Dragon Fish restaurant serves good American breakfasts and then becomes an Asian restaurant for lunch and dinner. The hotel also has a bar/lounge.

I will stay at the Paramount next time I'm in Portland.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This was my third time staying at the Paramount. We stayed for Rose Festival. It is a chain hotel but it definitely can rise to the ocassion needed. In 2006 I had my wedding at the Portland Chinese Garden. The rooms are large for my bridesmaids to get ready. Bell staff received flowers and had them ready for the room. We traveled from arizona so they inspected our gowns to see if we needed them pressed. The concierge booked our nail and hair appointments which were extensive since our entire wedding featured orchids from the orchid exchange. These were in our hair and held as bouquets. Making these reservations the timing was important.

The Dragon Fish is a wonderful restaurant featuring asian fusion. If you have never had Pacific Rim Asian Fusion your in for treat. We had our impromptu rehearsal dinner there and it was a bargain. Try their Mongolain Lamb Pillows or French Toast with fresh strawberries. There coffee the local brand boyds is wonderful.

The new ampitheater is a concern I have. I hope it will not make the paramount to noisey to relax and take in my beloved city Portland Oregon!

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Just returned from a business trip to Portland, and spent 3 nights at the Paramount Hotel. Overall I would say the hotel is average---nothing bad, but nothing to really distinguish itself from the other hotels in the area.

The most important issue right now that the hotel has no control over is the huge construction site that is directly across the street from the hotel. Noise was not a problem on the weekend when we arrived, but on Monday morning, the noise starts by 7:30am. It wasn't a problem for us, since we were getting ready for business meetings, but don't expect to sleep in on weekdays. Also, don't expect the construction to be done any time soon. It appeared to be just beginning, and could be an issue at this hotel for months.

Our room had 2 queen beds. The beds were comfortable, the pillows were not. The linens and towels were thin and not the quality I've come to expect from hotels these days. I had read about jetted tubs, but our bathroom tub was standard. Overall, the room was a bit shabby in appearance with worn looking furniture, stained carpet, mildewy bathroom tile grout. Nothing to make me run, just enough to make me think the place needed to pay a little more attention to the details. And one of my pet peeves---highly perfumed room deodorizer that seemed to be used daily.

That said, the staff was very friendly and offered help and good suggestions when requested. Our room was modest but reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. I do recommend the Dragonfish happy hour----great sushi prices and and fun place!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I've stayed at several downtown properties in Portland and very was disappointed in the Paramount. The Executive room was depressingly minimal. The bed was extremely hard and low to the floor. The nice design appointments were just missing making the room feel banal and stark. Bedside lamps were plugged into outlets several feet away from the nightstand so the cords were stretched along the wall. I found the staff polite, but not overly friendly. The Dragonfish restaurant food was excellent; however the hostess insisted I sit in a table I didn't want. For the money, there are much nicer hotels that offer similar access to shopping and dining.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business