“Lovely experience”

Ranked #10 of 139 Hotels in Portland
New York City, New York
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've done a lot of traveling and stayed in a lot of hotels. I will say that Portland is one of my favorite stops and I especially enjoyed my most recent stay at The Paramount. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! It's in a prime location right by the light rail which made it very convenient to getting around without a car rental. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the best places to dine as well as other neat things to do around downtown. Unfortunately there was no lounge on site but they told me a new one was coming early this summer. Nevertheless there were plenty of places to have a cocktail within a block or 2. My room was clean and spacious and oh my the bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! The pillows were great. I nearly overslept and missed my plane!
I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing the park ---great view AND a jetted tub!
1 Thank Marie M
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks Marie M and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located and convenient to public transportation. The room is spacious and the property is well kept. The free wifi is a nice bonus. I would definitely stay there again on future trips to Seattle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

excellent in every way. what a friendly and outgoing staff. they were of help when needed and answered all questions with a smile. I look forward for the restaurant to be open on my next trip as it's being remolded now. It's close to the rail and other restaurants within walking distance.

Green Features: love the pumps for the showers. this will save on plastic and wrappers for the soaps
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you EdwardH, we appreciate your review and kind words!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great place to stay for a weekend out. Had a nice corner room with a view overlooking Directors park. Close to entertainment, restaurants, and public transportation. Staff was super friendly and answered all our questions.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review AimHigh32!
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night on March 15th. The room was good. It was big and had a comfortable bed. The location was great. They only have valet parking but you really don't need your car so that didn't bother me (and it only cost me $1 it is usually $31). First let me say that Ed, the concierge, was excellent. He was super nice and really helpful! I wish I could say the same for the rest of the staff. There was a party in the room (and on the balcony) next to us that started at 2 am. At first I thought it was noise from the street but when I went out on our balcony I could see that the noise was coming from people on the balcony next to us. Someone must have called the front desk before I could and security came up. They quieted down for about 20 min and then it got noisy again. i called the front desk and let them know that the party was loud again. The front desk agent told me they had a "zero" policy for partying and that security would go give them a final warning. By this time it was 3:30 am. She was very apologetic and said that a manager would speak with us upon check out. It did stay quiet after that. Upon check out I mentioned the party/lack of sleep to which the staff person said "I was told they quieted right down". So I went on to tell her how the night progressed and she said to me "I think there are some discrepancies in your story". I was shocked. Like I was making it up? She knew there was a party on the 4th floor. She kept telling me she was told they quieted right down. I asked her if two trips by security would lend you to believe they quieted right down? I couldn't understand why she wanted to argue with me. When we asked about talking to the manager she said one wasn't available? It was probably the worst customer service at a hotel I had ever experienced. Good thing there are lots of hotels in downtown Portland to stay in because I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jamieonthego
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel for a night on a business trip to Portland. Room was large and clean, good workspace on the desk. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was large and well set for towels and toiletries. Staff was all very friendly and efficient. Parking is always a challenge, valet works well, but pricey. The hotel resteraunt is being redone with a new one opening in June. The hotel has gone above and beyond to minimize the impact, still offering room service, recommendations for local eateries, and even a voucher for the Starbucks next door in the morning. Great central location. A block from the Max, easy to get wherever you need to go. Two minor room downsides... TV remote batteries were dying, to much hassle to call for new, so I dealt with it. The heater/AC unit a bit noisy. Not bad, but not 5 star quiet either. Yes, I will stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my third time staying here and thought it was about time I write a review, never had a bad experience. Easy to get around the city from and I always get a good night sleep. My only complaint was the asian restaurant but after trying the room service this last stay, i'm looking forward to the new one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you Vandercook3, we are very much looking forward to our new restaurant, Swank & Swine, too. See you next time!