“Great Location, acceptable accomodations”
Review of Paramount Hotel

Paramount Hotel
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is centrally located within walking distance of many food trucks, Powell's, the Pearl District, Portland Art Museum and much more. The staff was friendly and helpful, but management needs to pay more attention to the condition of the room: scuffs and dings on the wall, spots on the carpet, mold in the shower grout—things that get overlooked in the daily rush of housekeeping.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed four nights at the Paramount and was extremely pleased from start to finish. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and polite. The room was clean, quiet, and well-appointed. The location is fantastic for downtown Portland. It has easy access to the MAX train stops and is within walking distance of most of the downtown sights, shops, and restaurants. My first night there brought free live music and dancing right in Director's Park. It seemed like there was always something going on nearby.

I didn't make use of the business center, gym, or parking facilities, so I can't speak to them. The Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities were a pleasant surprise. I always travel with my own shampoo and soaps, but ended up using what the hotel provided. The bed was super-comfortable and the room was very quiet. I slept soundly every night.

The staff all seemed very knowledgeable about the area, and were very good at giving directions and even providing some suggestions about places to check out.

My only issue was the slow wi-fi. I shouldn't complain too much about a complimentary service, but at times it was barely functional. I rarely got more than 3 bars of signal strength, but even when it was at maximum it still ran very slowly. Checking email and browsing websites wasn't too much of a problem, but streaming Netflix was out of the question and even watching YouTube was a slow, frustrating process.

That one thing aside, I would definitely stay again. The location was perfect. They put a lot of care and effort into making you feel welcome, and it really shows.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you emjay144 for such the lovely review!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Only stayed two nights. As soon as we pulled up to the front we were greeted by the doorman/valet and our bags were taken up to our room. Great spot on the 12th floor overlooking Director's Park. Room was very clean and spacious for two. Staff were great - very helpful and courteous. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a corner unit - 1208. Very happy with that room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks CamiM53, hope to have you back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you're looking for a superb urban hotel experience in Portland, look no further. The Paramount does a great job. We stayed here enroute to a family gathering on the Oregon Coast, and could not have been more pleased. From the competent car valet service at the curb, to the professional and friendly demeanor at the front desk, to the sparkling fresh and clean rooms . . . everything here makes you feel good about your stay. Restaurants and sights abound just out the door. You can walk to most anything you want to see. Highly recommend this place to any traveler wanting a no-drama stay in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for the review and recommendation TightLine2!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family traveled back to The Paramount in August after a quick trip in January. This time we spent a week to relax and enjoy the city and this property. The staff was very helpful from the front door to the maintenance staff. This trip we took the train, two short blocks from the hotel and when we arrived the staff quickly checked us in and we were able to get settled in for our vacation. This hotel is located in the center of the city and close to all the action....we walked all over the city and enjoyed all the outside activities. Our favorite is Director's Park where there is always something going on. I would highly recommend the property if you are looking for a small and friendly hotel property.

Room Tip: We always ask for connecting rooms, but if you request a single room the best views are on the top f...
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Located between the beautiful Art Boulevard and a City Square, a block away from gorgeous library and a 2 block walk to city's great transportation system, this hotel is a gem. The rooms were very nice, plush and quiet. The staff is remarkably delightful where Ed and his fellow concierge will make amazing recommendations and reservations for you at some of the nicest restaurants in the area. For breakfast, you can have the delight of congee, salmon, miso soup and such delights of the Orient if you wish or stay with your regular bacon and eggs fare, what a treat for the adventurer. Again the staff here is wonderful. Anytime I am in Portland I will return to this great hotel that provides quality, warmth and adventure at a most reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Mike Kuhne, thank you for the review. I have passed along your kind words to Ed and his fellow concierges!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I loved this hotel and can't wait to go back. The ambiance as soon as you walk in is elegant and casual at the same time. It's clean and comfortable. I stayed in one of the corner King rooms and had a view of the courtyard on Taylor St. This was perfect. From the second I arrived, the doorman was very helpful and he addressed me by name every time I came and went. He was very personable. The front desk agent was also personable and while we were talking, realized we were from the same little town in Washington. I went there alone just to get away for a weekend and explore Portland and the suggestions that the staff gave made my stay unforgettable. For my first time traveling anywhere alone, I felt at ease. The hotel staff knew why I was there and were very accomodating.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. I slept well on the comfortable bed and loved the big bathtub (although I didn't get a chance to use it). I wanted to try staying in the Pearl district next time I'm there, but I think I'm going to go with Paramount again and just cab it to Pearl Dist. I love this hotel too much to not go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, corner King. They may charge a little bit more for the corner rooms, but its...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thanks Jennifer D, so glad we were able to make your stay a memorable one!