My husband and I stayed here for a weekend, and had a wonderful experience. All the standard requirements for a nice stay were met - staff was pleasant and efficient, decor appealing, beds comfy, etc. Though there was a minor hiccup with the air conditioning unit, the hotel had many pleasant "extras" that more than made up for it, and warrant an exceptional rating:
1) During our stay, all rooms and room floors were decorated with framed works by a local photographer, depicting the many beloved bridges of Portland. Elevator landings also had tables designed by local design students to compliment the photographs. Such support of the local artists and pride in the city gets two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!
2) Environmentally friendly policies such as providing toiletry dispensers in the showers (instead of those wasteful mini plastic bottles) and only washing towels when left on the floor also gets kudos from me.
3) Chupa Chup lollipops in abundance in the hotel lobby. If you've never tried one, you should. They are really good!
Management and staff have done an excellent job at making the Paramount an exceptional property, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in downtown Portland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “As personable as Portland,” The Paramount Hotel offers guests professional and efficient service with genuine care and concern. Located in downtown Portland, Ore. the property combines the personal touch of a boutique hotel with comfortable and contemporary touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paramount Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Hotel Portland
- Paramount Portland
- Portland Paramount