Paramount Hotel
Sentinel(Portland)
  • Room Service
Hotel Lucia(Portland)
1,291 results
All reviewsdirector parkdirector's parkgreat locationwhiskey barjetted tubthe portland art museumcorner roomwithin walking distancevalet parkingpioneer squarelight railfarmers marketmovie theatertwo blocksthe hotel staffdowntown locationthe pearl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

When I came on here to review the hotel, I forgot that it was rated #7. This is a very average hotel. Nothing special about it. Yes, it's downtown. Portland's downtown is interesting, nothing special about it. I'm from Seattle and I know it's the Northwest, but it was just not that exciting of a town. I liked the hotel is walking distance to things. We had breakfast at the hotel, absolutely nothing special, very bland. The next 2 days we walked up to the Heathman...super good! There is a Starbucks right across the street, always good. There's a Nordstrom not too far. We were looking for a good lunch place and ended up in their cafe. Their food is always good!

Back to the hotel. When we first inquired about a reservation, we had a quote on the internet. Then the next day it went up! They wouldn't honor that lower price, kind of a bummer. The hotel lobby is small. There are guys out front holding open the doors. They often were not there when people were coming/going. Not a big deal, but why have them out there. The rooms were just average. Nothing special. The third morning we heard what sounded like garbage pick up early in the morning, which was a Sunday. Super loud!

This was convenient as it was close to some things. A movie theatre is right across the street, a cute deli is very close. But really, Portland got a little boring very quick. We were in town for a wedding and in our spare time just walked around, ate, shopped.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our short stay at the Paramount. We have tried several Portland hotels and this is one of the best. (not only that, but my wife could see Nordstrom from our window.) We had a great experience and the staff is excellent. The hotel is extremely clean and well maintained. Parking can be expensive and hard to find downtown, so we used the valet parking and it was worth the cost. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and we would eat there again, even if we were staying somewhere else. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views. Being right in town, there is more street noise in the rooms on that side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

1RetiredSailor thank you for the kind words and we hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the paramount for three nights with a law student competition team. I traveled from the eastern time zone for the competition. The competition and time change threatened to make for a bumpy stay . . . . But this hotel was so comfortable, and the staff was so friendly and accommodating--I didn't want to leave! We enjoyed one dinner in the hotel restaurant and one in the Japanese grill on the block behind the hotel. We walked and shopped and watched a movie at the Regal Cinema across the street in our down time. Super place to stay in downtown Portland.

Room Tip: The view out of my room wasn't much. But I think they have a few rooms facing the front (Taylor) side that would be better. not sure about this, however.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the review Heminway!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a comfortable stay here. The room is nicely decorated and clean. The staff was extremely courteous. My only gripe is that the elevator is really slow. My husband had meetings going on in the meeting space, and he said that it comfortably acommodated their group of 12. He did not care for the breakfast that was provided at the meeting, but other than that, everything was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park! Our room had a nice balcony space and overlooked the city street and park.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

From the fast and well versed valet service to the comfy room and good eats this hotel represents Portland well. We arrived with toddler to attend wedding and we were stoked at the proximity to coffee, a park, yogurt, movies, and shopping we were. We wanted to enjoy city more than hang in our room which was very nice. We will recommend this hotel to our friends for sure.

Room Tip: Any room as this hotels location makes it the bees knees.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Enzo2012, we appreciate the review and future recommendations!