Paramount Hotel
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$159
$171
Dossier(Portland)
$200
1,293 results
All reviewsdirector parkdirector's parkgreat locationwhiskey barjetted tubthe portland art museumcorner roomwithin walking distancevalet parkingpioneer squarelight railfarmers marketmovie theatertwo blocksthe hotel staffdowntown locationthe pearl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was in town for only one night, I got in after a long day of travel, and I wanted things to go smoothly. Upon arrival I was greeted by friendly bell staff. My car was handled for me by a valet who also provided suggestions for dinner. The room was very well appointed. The bed was comfortable. The hotel plainly leans towards conservation as much as any I've seen but does it in a way that still makes their efforts feel elegant. I appreciated that. All in all, a very good stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for the review Mynarr, I will be sure to pass it along to the staff!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have stayed here once before (March, 2012) and are looking forward to our upcoming stay again in March this year.
The hotel is in a fantastic location downtown within walking distance to some outstanding restaurants, shopping, theatres and Portland's MAX lightrail train network (you can even take it from downtown to PDX airport).
The hotel has that small, boutique feel to it without the overly pretentious atmosphere that accompanies the stereotypical boutique hotel. The rooms, while a little darkly colored and lit, are comfortable and well appointed. We stayed in a larger corner deluxe king room that is literally on the corner of the building with windows on two walls. The room was on the 7th floor and was far enough above the street to offer us pleasant views of downtown and also minimize traffic noise from the Taylor St. and Park Avenue below.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Being from Salem and having spent a lot of time in Portland, they were still able to help with local directions to nearby businesses. Valet parking was included in the cost of our room, which is a very nice touch (hopefully that continues!).
Overall, a very pleasant stay and we look forward to making this hotel a regular "first choice" when we are looking for a place to stay in Portland for the night or a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Try to book a corner room - even if a few bucks more than a non-corner room. The extra space, windows & views are well worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for the great review Scott_McCanna and see you next month!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I booked a one night stay at the Parmount Hotel. The hotel location is right in downtown area 2 blocks from Nordstroms and other stores. Starbucks directly across the street. At check-in staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was oversized and very comfy. The bed was exceptionaly comfortable and I could have slept in! When I first was in my room I could hear the people in the room next to me and I was worried about hearing them all night but when I went to sleep all was quiet. Doorman always opened the door for me and greeted me when leaving/entering the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This beautiful boutique hotel is the perfect place to stay for a week/end in Portland. It's located right in the middle of everything, close to a ton of wonderful restaurants and bars. It's also an excellent value for the quality of the location and stay. First-rate service; every single staff member we encountered was so helpful and friendly, eager to make us feel at home! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review and recommendation ALubov!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Paramount Hotel is a Coast Hotel property. They also have the historic Benson Hotel in Portland where I stayed on my prior visit. I throroughly enjoyed the Benson. Both had excellent rates for this visit but I got a better deal at the Paramount.

THE ROOM: My spacious room with two double beds was nicely decorated and very clean. The room's desk was large and excellent if you're on business and need to work. The room also had a large easy chair with ottoman and a flat-screen television. The coffee maker and a small refrigerator are in a compartment adjacent to the drawers. Likewise, the bathroom was large and clean. There were plenty of towels but only one wash cloth. A free USA Today is delivered to your door. One caveat is that the hotel has a 24-hour cancellation policy.

When I made my reservaton with central reservations and also when checking in, I requested a room away from elevators and vending machines. I was given the room closest to the elevators. But the reality is that the floor had only 12 rooms and because of the layout, most of the rooms are very close to the elevators except the four rooms in front of the hotel that probably cost more.

DINING: The hotel dining room features Asian cuisine. However, I ate dinner at a pleasant Italian restaurant catercorner from the hotel, Portafina. The food was good, very reasonably priced with very efficient and super-friendly service. (Portland is just a very friendly town.) Also, there is a Starbucks across the street from the hotel that opens at 5 AM and also sells the Wall Street Journal (if your're addicted as I am) and the New York Times.

I ate breakfast in the hotel dining room. The breakfast was hearty, very good and quite reasonably priced for a hotel. The service was a bit chaotic as a server apparently failed to show for work and the sole server was overwhelmed despite her best efforts.

LOCATION: I think you'll really like the hotel's location as the southern end of downtown. You're just one block off the main drag, Broadway. Nordstrom is but a block away and a multi-screen theatre is close by. The cultural district is just a couple blocks to the south with the Portland Art Museum and other cultural attractions. And just to the south of that is Portland State University, easily walkable.

I arrived and left Portland via Amtrak located at the north end of downtown. It was a $6.00 cab ride before gratuity between Amtrak and the Paramount. Greyhound is adjacent to Amtrak. Or if you're from Seattle, Bellingham, or Vancouver, BC, you might consider using Boltbus that stops just three blocks from the hotel. Boltbus is an internet bus service with more leg room, leather seats, free wi-fi and electric outlets.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChicagoKen60657

ChicagoKen60657, thank you so much for the detailed and wonderful review!