“Beautiful Room, Great Bed, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paramount Hotel

Paramount Hotel
Ranked #9 of 137 Hotels in Portland
Topeka KS
“Beautiful Room, Great Bed, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was a one-night stay, and I didn't avail myself of all the services at this hotel; however, my room was outstanding. The check-in service was excellent, and I was upgraded to a larger room without asking. My king room was on a corner, so it was not only big, but there were windows in two directions, including a park view. The bath was huge, with a large, walk-in shower and separate, over-sized whirlpool tub. The bed and the pillows were heavenly. I had a comfy chair with ottoman and lots of lighting. WIFI was excellent, and included at no additional charge. The decor was stylish and tasteful.

Valet service was efficient, and let's face it -- when you're in a downtown hotel, valet is pretty much a requirement. At $29/day, I've paid more in other cities.

I liked this hotel, and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for your review Reefwatcher! Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to stay a little longer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gasquet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and convenient. Most importantly, the staff can make the difference between very good and excellent and we are talking excellence here. They are the ones that made it memorable in a good way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diana K
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your review Diana K, I will be sure to share it with all of the staff!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I live in Portland but decided for her birthday to stay downtown so we didn't have to drive back out to the burbs after celebrating. We booked this hotel after comparing many others online and especially on here..

The hotel is very nice and the people are very friendly. We had drinks and an appetizer in the lobby lounge and they were very nice as well. The room was great and they gave us an upgrade and bottle of bubbly for my wifes birthday!!

The only negative was the valet thought it funny to change our radio station and preset to a christian radio station which I didn't appreciate but when I brought it to managements attention they were very quick to appoligize and rectify the situation..

I will be back here for sure!!

Room Tip: If staying on a special occasion make sure and tell them ahead of time..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hpaterson thank you for your review and celebrating your wife’s birthday with us!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is located in the central downtown area. The hotel is in great shape and the room was very comfortable. Free wi-fi and I had a deal where the valet parking was included in our room rate.

When going to Portland this is where I will book in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks usmc63m, hope to have you back staying with us again soon!
mesa, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spent 4 days at the paramount for a board meeting. The rooms are very comfortable, I was on the 8th floor with a great view. The windows do slide open a bit, but I thought I was going to break the window trying to do it! I just like fresh air in the room, personal preference. The shower was nice, hair dryer that is not stuck to the wall which is a bonus as well for me.
The only complaint I have is with the wifi, I wasn't able to log on. The staff was very helpful though and the engineer brought me a booster thing for my computer which solved the problem.
It is in a great location to walk anywhere in Portland, they even have loaner umbrellas if you forget one and don't mind looking like an out of towner!
Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for the review traveler232323! Come back and stay with us again soon.
Redmond, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at the Paramount with some friends over the weekend. It has an EXCELLENT location downtown. We were able to walk one block to an AMAZING dessert the evening we got in. Initially the hotel was not able to find our reservation. Something about booking it through points... After they figured it out they asked us to wait. We had a crying baby and checked back with them 5 mins later (after being there for 30+mins already) and the front desk told us she was just 1 person to 200 of us...

To say the least we were a little shocked... in the morning, the same gal was at the front desk and very politely apologized for her comment. We had not complained or said anything and thought it was very professional of her to admit her rudeness and apologize!

The hotel is nice and clean. We did not have our air on at night and still heard a howling in the air pipes. We would stay there again despite a few of the inconveniences.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review Travelswithpet1. I do apologize for any unprofessionalism you experienced upon check in and am very glad to hear that the front desk agent did also apologize and acknowledged her poor behavior on her own. We hope to see you back soon.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nice,clean,comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Located close to great downtown shopping and entertainment. All within walking distance or short cab ride. A great movie theater is just across the street. My wife and I live in a very small town and going to Portland is like going to New York to us. The Paramount Hotel has always seved us very well. The only reason I did not give it a perfect score is because they just changed to a different restaurant and bar. I preferred The Dragonfish that was there before.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Taylor H thank you for your review! Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.