Paramount Hotel
Very Good 4/5
  • Room Service
Hotel Lucia(Portland)
1,293 results
All reviewsdirector parkdirector's parkgreat locationwhiskey barjetted tubthe portland art museumcorner roomwithin walking distancevalet parkingpioneer squarelight railfarmers marketmovie theatertwo blocksthe hotel staffdowntown locationthe pearl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2012

i really liked this hotel. our room was bigger than i expected, the bed was very comfortable and there was a fridge-- great for keeping our oregon beer cold. the central location was great and it's just 2 blocks to the light rail, which is free in portland's city center.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nymoenl
Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Oregon has 87 breweries and counting. We love our Oregon beer too!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

four-star quality at three-star prices, excellent central location, very helpful staff, good restaurant on site

Room Tip: we had a rom on the 15th floor and it was quiet even though we were right next to the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WoTraveler
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thanks so much for the great review WoTraveler!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I were in Portland for a friend’s wedding and it was one of three hotels that my friend recommended for out-of-town guests. The hotel was very well located in the heart of downtown, within easy walking distance to many attractions and public transit lines.

We took a train from the airport to a stop only a few blocks from the Paramount, and from then on either rode the streetcar, bus, or went by foot. Powell’s Books, Cacao (drinking chocolate), the Art Museum, food trucks, the Pearl District and even Washington Park are all easy to navigate to without a car from the hotel. For a quick bite, try Violetta, a casual restaurant in a glass building right across the street featuring unique burgers, salads and fantastic fries.

As for the Paramount Hotel itself, we were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. The hotel was clean and modern, with friendly and helpful staff. No dimly lit corridors or moldy smells. There was a convenient exercise room downstairs as well as a restaurant and bar. Free Wi-Fi too! The rooms were spacious, with very comfortable King beds, flat screen TVs, Jacuzzi tub, and even a little container of cotton balls and q-tips in the bathroom.

All the reviews I read on the Paramount talked about “value” and “location” and I certainly agree. If you’re looking for a good deal on a hotel in downtown Portland, look no further. I would certainly stay at the Paramount Hotel again and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Request a room with a jacuzzi tub and a corner unit (will have 2 windows for more light).
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travelerfromthe808
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thanks for the review Travelerfromthe808! It sounds like you were able to experience quite a bit of what Portland has to offer during your visit. Come back and see us again soon, I’m sure there is still plenty more to do and see here in the city!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

My rooom was wonderful, the towels thick, the bed comfortable, the room size perfect. The staff was helpful and friendly. It goes without saying that everything was clean, orderly, and put together in the way I would expect. The food at the restaurant was great. I was glad to see that instead of little bottles of shampoo etc were larger bottles in a rack in the bath tub area. Much greener, and easier to use than the little bottles at most hotels.

Great location, near the MAX. I was there for three nights, and I would stay there again and again.

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel, and I enjoyed the view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KayPM
Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thanks for the review KayPM and for recognizing our efforts to be greener and kinder to the environment. Hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Whenever my wife and I have tickets for a show at the Keller, Schnitzer or other Portland venue, we frequently decide to make it an "overnight out" by staying at the Paramount Hotel. The location couldn't be better -- close to most performance venues and we can walk to several of our favorite restaurants for dinner before or after a show. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and if you opt for a corner room, quite large. The Paramount usually offers a number of "specials" that make their already reasonable prices a bargain. The "just your luck, park for a buck" is a terrific deal, and they recently offered a $50 credit at the Ringside Fish House across the street -- in effect, making the actual room price $99.
We love the Paramount, and I recommend it frequently to other TA inquirers.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OregonJohn97338

OregonJohn97338, we appreciate your review and recommendation. Glad to hear you are taking advantage of some of our packages. When you break them out as you did, you can see they are quite a deal. Look forward to having you back the next time you take in a show.