“Went above and beyond!!!!”
Review of Paramount Hotel

Paramount Hotel
Ranked #9 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. We were very happy with our room and package and the service attendants were very nice. The next day it came to our attention that we had not received some of our perks with our "sweets for your sweet" package. After talking with the front desk they not only gave us the forgotten part of our package, but also a free breakfast ($30 value), valet parking ($35 value), two mini bottles of champagne, AND sent us an appology letter with a free one night stay with a package included. They went above and beyond to make an already wonderful stay an incredible one. We are very excited to claim our free stay. The Paramount had excellent customer service, wonderful rooms, great location and food. I would recommend this place to anyone for a special occasion or just because!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! Look forward to having you back with us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed November 24, 2011

For my second visit to Portland, I chose (for convenience sake) to stay at The Paramount. And am I thankful I did!
First of all, the location is absolutely fabulous. Right upfront is Director’s Park surrounded by many eateries and kitty-corner to Nia Headquarters where I was doing my Intensive.

I wearily checked-in close to midnight just off a Hawaiian Airlines flight from Honolulu and was warmly welcomed by the superb front desk staff (I think his name was Ed). Booking under a special Nia rate, I was amazed when I entered my Room 1404 and discovered I had been upgraded to a gorgeous Corner Executive Guest Room with a huge jetted tub (which I enjoyed on many a cold day outside). Mahalo for the thoughtful gesture! I couldn’t be happier with the room layout and amenities, lovely views from both windows and huge, firm bed!

Thoughout my stay, I interacted with the front desk on many occasions (safe deposit box, general inquiries etc) and each time the customer service was warm, genuine and attentive. The Concierge was also very helpful in suggesting places to dine and shop.

On my last evening at the hotel, a friend from Honolulu surprised me with sparkling wine and the room service staff was on the lookout for me to arrive back from my training to present me this lovely surprise. Wanting to celebrate with friends instead of in my room, wine glasses were promptly brought out in the lovely lobby area and the bubbly was enjoyed all around.

Thank you again for looking after me so well at your hotel. I will certainly return to the Paramount Portland in my future visits to your lovely city.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank happy2bealive
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

It was truly our pleasure and thank you for the wonderful review and photos, which I have shared with our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit Portland.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I really liked this hotel. The rooms were cozy and comfortable and the staff was courteous and accommodating (everyone from the desk staff to the concierge to the valet were very friendly and helpful). The best thing about this hotel is the location. If you want to see Portland, you won't find a more central location to stay. As someone who was unfamiliar with the city, I was able to easily access so much within walking distance (or at most a short cab ride). Director Park, the Art Museum and the Performing Arts center are literally a short hop away. If you want a centrally located place with great staff, quiet, clean rooms and easy access to the city's sights, then this is the spot to go.

Room Tip: You are smack dab in the middle of downtown with a ton of great dining options around, but the Drago...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Leon S
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thanks for your review dredlockesq and I agree - our location is ideal!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Paramount is a fine option in a central location. The hotel is a couple of blocks from Pioneer Square with many shopping and dining options in the direct area. The Dragonfish Asian Cafe is in the lobby and there are some good restaurants around the corner (especially Southpark Seafood Grill).

The hotel met my expectations but was not exceptional. The facilities were clean and the room was adequately sized. The room had mid-range amenities and there was a flat screen. The bathroom was also large enough and tidy.

The basement fitness room had some high quality cardio equipment but only dumbbells for weights. The cleaning staff uses the same (slow) elevators and they seemed indifferent as to piling into a car filled with guests, garbage bags and equipment in tow.

There are definitely better Portland options in this price range, but it is a fine choice in a great location.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments and review Rjc260, they are appreciated.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

great location with a first class staff that made checking in effortless.............they also have a really nice bathtub! enough for two. loved my stay........also right down the block from the new ruth chris location. where i had dinner that evening made it even more perfect! they also have a mini frig in the room so very nice too! great place to stay for a couples weekend or overnight! plan on coming back very soon.........

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much janie1167_11, please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was very impressed with this hotel. The room was sizable, bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was a small refrigerator, but no microwave. The staff were most helpful and readily available. There is valet parking available for extra $ per day. There are many restaurants, entertainment and shopping all within walking distance. There is a restaurant in the hotel, although we preferred our eating experiences elsewhere. For the value and location, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Bab1947 thank you for the wonderful review! Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I love this hotel. The rooms are great, the location is convenient, and the staff is awesome!

Room Tip: I like the jacuzzi tub rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Thank you ohtrvlbug, that’s very nice of you to say!