New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed there last weekend. Hotel is nice, room was nice, employees extremely helpful. We had a problem with our air conditioning which did not get fixed, even with two apparent attempts and they ended up leaving a big fan in our room. We stayed cool with it, but expected better from maintenance.

Room Tip: Get a room with a city view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you had a great stay overall however I do want to apologies that the room was not cool enough. I will look into the situation to make sure we do better in the future.
Thank you for staying.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Korean first
Butte, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had a great time in Portland and this hotel was a big part of it! The staff made us feel very welcome and greeted us each time we arrived and departed: they made us feel very special. Our room was super clean and even though we were close to the elevator, we didn't hear any noise outside our room. The bathroom was large with a generous supply of towels and quality toiletries including aromatherapy products. Lunch in the dining room was first rate. We even met the manager who could have not been more hospitable or charming. We were pleasantly surprised by the free shuttle service to the airport and would definitely rate this hotel as excellent.

Room Tip: Just make a reservation
Green Features: The rooms are supplied with trash containers for recyclables and we had the option of not having our sheets changed each night.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary S
Thank you for great review. I am so glad that you were able to utilize the free shuttle from the airport which can save you lots of money in cabs, rental car fees and parking. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team about how our friendly staff made you feel special.
Thanks for staying.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hotel has been remodeled. Beautiful room and beautiful hotel in general. I block from light rail and street cars. They charge only $1 for 2 hour pass. You can go almost anywhere in city. When I arrived at airport they have a shuttle service to their hotel. The service was busy so they had me take a taxi and they paid for it. Wasn't cheap. $36 for the taxi. They are very committed to customer service. I had a very good breakfast at the hotel. They also have pool and bar.

Room Tip: Room 716 was excellent.
Green Features: Didn't notice any. What do you want. Rooms have ref. and microwave.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Vanh33
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review. I really enjoyed reading that we paid for your cab due to an excessive wait time. My team and is 100% dedicated to exceeding our customer's expectations and empowered to make it happen. I sincerely look forward to sharing your review.
Thanks for allowing us to serve you.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here for only one night. The shuttle from the airport is a great asset; it was after 9PM when I flew in but they still picked me up.

There isn't much obvious to walk to nearby at night, but they have a restaurant/bar that is open till 11.

I was upgraded to a suite, which was beautiful, but all of the TV had fuzzy reception. In the age of digital TV, I am not sure how that is possible. The room otherwise was very nice and clean. I just really missed being able to watch TV!

There is a Starbucks you can easily walk to for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank onlyaymie
Thank you for great review. I am so glad that you were able to utilize the free shuttle from the airport which can save you lots of money in cabs, rental car fees and parking. I am pleased you enjoyed your upgrade but I do want to apologize for the television reception my maintenance team will look into it. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This Crowne Plaza it outside the downtown area of Portland. The area around the hotel does not look that inviting and frankly speaking there is in the middle of nowhere. The hotel itself has been renovated. The building design looks old. The staff at the hotel are friendly. The room was new and comfortable. We requested a 'top floor' but ended up with a room on first floor. So not sure if they care to read the requests part on the reservation website. The room included a full breakfast which was decent as well.

My only point about this hotel is its self parking. The only way to park your car is to drive it through the main entrance and valet. This, I found,was a hassle as often I had to wait for people to off load their luggage just to park my care. Management need to seriously look at this parking issue.

You pay $20 a night for parking at this place.

Personally I liked the Crowne Plaza Lake Oswego much more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall but I am sorry that our location was not ideal for your circumstances. Please let me know if I can be of help in the future.
Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a nice hotel with a lovely pool, well decorated rooms with a mini fridge and free video rental (which is always a bonus with kids). However, it is not downtown Portland and I did not like the shady neighbourhood. We had a hard time finding decent restaurants within walking distance as the hotel is not in an ideal location. The max was a 10 -15 min walk away to get to downtown area. Parking was very expensive and you have to pay extra for internet access. Our friends stayed in the downtown area which included a bigger room and less for parking. Others mention breakfast being included but it was not for us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy S
Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you pointed out the many amenities that make us unique. I also wanted to clarify for future travelers that we do provide free basic internet with an option to upgrade. I am unsure what this guest is referencing, generally most people choose and are completely satisfied with the free service. I would also like to inform future guests that our parking fees are lower than other area full service hotels and half the price of the hotels across the river, we also offer alternate transportation for free such as our airport shuttle and loaner bicycles that are always fun. Thanks for staying and I hope you will consider us again.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights to celebrate our anniversary. Overall we had a good time. The room was small with little room to sit other than the bed. Parking is not free, and is a whopping $19 a night. But the bed was super duper comfortable and the shower was delightful. If you plan on spending either a lot of time in bed (as we parents of a toddler did) or out and about, this is a nice place to splurge. The location is a mix. It is convenient to light rail and the convention center (and a Burgerville), but it is up against enough of the rough edges of the Rose Garden/Lloyd District that you see some interesting characters on the street.

A hint: There is a Hertz right at the hotel, and light rail/street car will get you practically to the doorstep. So if you just take public transit here from the airport and then rent your car just for the time you need it, you can skip the parking fees and have a shorter rental period.

Room Tip: Windows are not particularly thick. We were on the 2nd floor above the entryway and could hear peopl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review; we value all feedback received. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and I have taken your comments about parking under advisement. We constantly monitor full service hotels parking prices and services to insure that we are an excellent value when considering all the amenities offered. Currently our parking prices are comparable to full service hotels in our immediate area and half the price of the west side properties. We are also the only hotel that has a free airport shuttle so if one is able to not rent a car our shuttle is can save you hundreds of dollars. Portland has a fantastic transit system and it even free in our area. We also have free bikes which are a fun alternative when visiting Portland; by the way we are the number one biking city in the USA. Hope you will consider us in the future please feel free to call on me if I can be of assistance