“Enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We spent last night at the hotel and really enjoyed our time. Check in was great--quick and we got the feeling that they really wanted us to enjoy our stay. Our room was great!!! So quiet, comfy bed, dark room with a great night light, keurig coffee maker, great pillows and nice decor. Wish we could have spent time in the hot tub and pool but just didn't have time. We met our NYC friend who was in Portland for a conference so we wanted to find something to do. The concierge, Shaye, was so helpful and finding us a great Peruvian Restaurant with music. She was even able to make reservations on late notice. Good fun. The next day we got a late check out and really enjoyed our morning. Will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to personally recognizing Shae for her outstanding service.
Thanks for staying we hope you return often.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Spent a lot of time on Tripadvisor trying to find a quality hotel in Portland for a quick family trip. We finally settled on the this hotel because it wasn't Right in the middle of downtown, yet it wasn't more then 5 minutes away. We were particularly interested in getting a VERY CLEAN room that wasn't run down. We thought the Crowne Plaza would offer and exceptional hotel experience and so this is where we booked. ...........First impression when we drove up was that the Crowne Plaza misrepresented itself in the tripadvisor photos. It was much older looking and the parking lot didn't look secure at all. However, the Valet was a very pleasant young man, and that was reassuring. Then we got inside and our room was not ready, but they offered us a downgraded room that was ready. As we were tired, we accepted the downgrade. My only issue with this is that I still had to pay the same amount. Room was in fact very clean! Beds were comfortable. And the A/C heater worked! Dining staff was pleasant and food was good. Check out was easy and fast. Clean pool and work out room.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to recognizing the restaurant team for their outstanding service. I am sorry that your room type was not immediately available I will address the situation.
Thanks for staying we hope you return often.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

The room was perfect, had everything thing I needed
The bed was very comfortable, never slept better.
The bathroom had great amenities.

lastly you don't see too many Hotels with an outdoor basketball hoop....nice.....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I'm glad you mentioned the sport court, and recognized the quality of amenities we offer. We love it when our guests enjoy their stay we you’re you return soon and tell many friends.
Chiago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel frequently, actually, about 50% of my life is spent on the road, and of all the hotels I stay, the Crowne Plaza in the Rose district of Portland is my favorite. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure your comfort, the rooms are clean and updated, the restaurant and quality of food are exceptional. I am always impressed with the staff, they remember your name and any preferences you may have. This is a class act and I would recommend it to anyone. Close to transportation, shopping and of course there's the food in Portland, but that's another review...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors, the views are exceptional
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to recognizing the restaurant team for their outstanding service. Currently we are ranked number 18 of the entire chain of Crowne Plaza Hotels in hotel overall satisfaction, I am so glad you can tell. My team I hope you tell many friends and return often.
Thanks!
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has recently been renovated and it was great. Rooms were nice and the staff was awesome. Max in the restaurant was especially helpful. He gave us some great tips on where to shop and always had a big smile for us. The front desk was really helpful. We got a complimentary shuttle ride in the morning to the market. When we were ready to come home, the desk staff gave us great directions. The hotel had everything we needed to have a great time. Right down to DVDs free to borrow. This hotel knows how to take care of its guests.

Green Features: They give you the options to not have your sheets washed everyday, and offer the option to reuse your towels.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. My entire team is dedicated to providing excellent service, I am so glad it shows. I am especially proud that you recognized Max in the restaurant he is a true professional. I will enjoy sharing your review with Max.
Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your future travels.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was in Portland for very bad circumstances. I just needed a place to remove myself from the terrible events surrounding me. The staff was so understanding and helpful. The rooms were perfect and comfortable. The shower was great. Everything they provided was well above my expectations. They are being robbed of a 4 star rating in my opinion. Very professional and caring staff. Honestly I was so appreciative I went an bought them a dozen voodoo doughnuts. They made my family really appreciate everything they did for us.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ajsch163
Thank you for great review and acknowledging my service team, I look forward to sharing your review with them. I am so glad that my staff made you and your families stay enjoyable while you were working through a challenging period. I wish you and your family well and thanks for the donuts.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Clean and classy. Quick walk to entertainment centers. Basketball court and pool for kids. Free shuttle to sports events and airport. Beds were exceptional and rooms very quiet. Staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: No good sit down restaurants within walking distance, just fast food.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall and that you found our location convenient. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.