Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #43 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
“A great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

1-Location: near convention center, loyd center, rose garden but 10 mn by bus to down town so it depends on your mission
2- rooms: perfect rooms, very spacious, up to date bathroom,very comfortable beds
3-breskfast: includes in price , it was good but needs improvement
4-self laundry: which was a plus as you can use the washing machine and dryer putting few coins very convinient
5- shuttle bus: free from and to airport saving you at least 40$ per way, they can also drop you down town if available
6- pool, jaccuzi and gym:great and clean after a day of shopping
7- free wifi in room
8- very nice staff
I really enjoyed it

• Stayed December 2013
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.
Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time that we stayed here. Front deck gave us amazing views. The staff was excellent, greeted us warmly. Our room was beautiful with amazing views. The pool were fantastic. We hope to visit again next time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you acknowledging the friendly staff and pointing out the level of our room features and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again in 2014. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Springfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Love the room spray from the Crown Plaza. Rooms of the city had a great view, perfect location for Rose Garden events. Lots of fun coffee shops and restaurants in 10-15 min walk, close to public transit so easy to get downtown. Friendly staff. Only cleanliness issue is that the coffee maker was very dirty and there was no coffee service in the lobby.

Room Tip: City views are nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I would like to apologize for the coffee service being overlooked; I will follow up with housekeeping. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall and that you enjoyed the hotels many amenities and great location and I look forward to your return.
Yorba Linda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and that is just for starters! You can rent a car from Hertz right in the hotel! They provide a shuttle to and from the airport, but if it is going to take them 30 minutes or more to reach the airport, they will pay for a taxi! Amazing! They will also shuttle you to downtown! Just remember to tip the awesome people who work there.
If you are lucky enough to get Melody or Bryan to assist you, you will have a Wonderful stay. The rooms are large and very comfortable.
There are bikes for rent and the bath stuff smells great!!!
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call both the hotel directly and the chain. See who gives you the best rate. Also ask about their...
Green Features: It is Portland, they are super Green here. You can rent a bike. You can choose if you want to reuse your towels or have them changed every day.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our hotel a great value. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. I will also enjoy recognizing Brian and Melody for their outstanding service. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland.
Coos Bay, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

we stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Nov. 29th to be close enough to see Pearl Jam, playing at the Rose Quarter. The room we had was tiny, but the bed was very nice. we had a crappy view of the roof and we were directly above the laundry room so noise was an issue. We did however enjoy a really good ribeye from the room service menu...delicious.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor for a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall. Thanks for pointing out that our location in the closest to the Rose Garden arena making us the perfect location for overnight concert event.
I hope you enjoyed the show, let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Clinton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Attending to trauma at a local hospital put my wife and I in need of an oasis away from the pain and suffering. We opted to stay at the Crown Plaza for our respite. What a great decision! From the desk clerk through the restaurant staff, the visit was pleasant and just what we needed.

Room Tip: If you're attending to patients in the local hospital, this is your best bet to relax and unwind...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review my staff and I really appreciate it when people notice. I am so glad we were able to provide you with the respite while you were attending to your loved ones recovery. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your future travels.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Lucky enough to win a discounted room on a travel site bid at this hotel, I was immediately impressed with the keen attention to my needs when the Concierge offered to check me in so that I did not have to wait behind the two people who were already being helped at the counter.
As I entered the hotel, I noticed comfortable touring bicycles in the atrium that were available to borrow during my stay.
Within the room were little perks such as:
- A (removable) clip on the curtains to hold them together, providing a completely dark room for uninterrupted sleep no matter what time of day you need it.
- Spa packet on the bed with relaxing spray and lotions.
- Keurig coffee / tea maker with a selection of tea and coffee pods (conventional, non-organic).
Within the convenience shop in the lobby, I found great grab and go items such as fruits, single serving ice creams and Umpqua on the go oatmeal cups plus many other options.

The bar has a great happy hour where I enjoyed a glass of wine for only $4 and was surprised by the huge and generous helping of shrimp in their po'boy. Their people remembered me each day and treated me like I was important and appreciated. The breakfast was decent and I was delighted and surprised by organic tea available to me in the restaurant and hope to see it in the room next time.

The indoor pool and whirlpool were fabulous, the workout space could use a little attention with regard to making certain the television / sound systems work on each of the machines but overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and friendly staff. Thanks for mentioning the quality of, and extensive amenities that make us unique. Hope to see you soon.