“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Yorba Linda
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and that is just for starters! You can rent a car from Hertz right in the hotel! They provide a shuttle to and from the airport, but if it is going to take them 30 minutes or more to reach the airport, they will pay for a taxi! Amazing! They will also shuttle you to downtown! Just remember to tip the awesome people who work there.
If you are lucky enough to get Melody or Bryan to assist you, you will have a Wonderful stay. The rooms are large and very comfortable.
There are bikes for rent and the bath stuff smells great!!!
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call both the hotel directly and the chain. See who gives you the best rate. Also ask about their...
Green Features: It is Portland, they are super Green here. You can rent a bike. You can choose if you want to reuse your towels or have them changed every day.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our hotel a great value. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. I will also enjoy recognizing Brian and Melody for their outstanding service. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed December 19, 2013

we stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Nov. 29th to be close enough to see Pearl Jam, playing at the Rose Quarter. The room we had was tiny, but the bed was very nice. we had a crappy view of the roof and we were directly above the laundry room so noise was an issue. We did however enjoy a really good ribeye from the room service menu...delicious.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor for a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall. Thanks for pointing out that our location in the closest to the Rose Garden arena making us the perfect location for overnight concert event.
I hope you enjoyed the show, let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Clinton, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Attending to trauma at a local hospital put my wife and I in need of an oasis away from the pain and suffering. We opted to stay at the Crown Plaza for our respite. What a great decision! From the desk clerk through the restaurant staff, the visit was pleasant and just what we needed.

Room Tip: If you're attending to patients in the local hospital, this is your best bet to relax and unwind...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review my staff and I really appreciate it when people notice. I am so glad we were able to provide you with the respite while you were attending to your loved ones recovery. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your future travels.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Lucky enough to win a discounted room on a travel site bid at this hotel, I was immediately impressed with the keen attention to my needs when the Concierge offered to check me in so that I did not have to wait behind the two people who were already being helped at the counter.
As I entered the hotel, I noticed comfortable touring bicycles in the atrium that were available to borrow during my stay.
Within the room were little perks such as:
- A (removable) clip on the curtains to hold them together, providing a completely dark room for uninterrupted sleep no matter what time of day you need it.
- Spa packet on the bed with relaxing spray and lotions.
- Keurig coffee / tea maker with a selection of tea and coffee pods (conventional, non-organic).
Within the convenience shop in the lobby, I found great grab and go items such as fruits, single serving ice creams and Umpqua on the go oatmeal cups plus many other options.

The bar has a great happy hour where I enjoyed a glass of wine for only $4 and was surprised by the huge and generous helping of shrimp in their po'boy. Their people remembered me each day and treated me like I was important and appreciated. The breakfast was decent and I was delighted and surprised by organic tea available to me in the restaurant and hope to see it in the room next time.

The indoor pool and whirlpool were fabulous, the workout space could use a little attention with regard to making certain the television / sound systems work on each of the machines but overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and friendly staff. Thanks for mentioning the quality of, and extensive amenities that make us unique. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

From the minute I called to make a change in my reservation until the minute we checked out, the entire experience was perfect. I spent a birthday weekend in Portland and the hotel was a great home base. We called the hotel for a ride from the train station, and they were there within minutes. And then as soon as we checked in, my husband asked the restaurant if we could take a couple of glasses of wine to our room, and they were very accommodating.

The room was comfortable, well-equipped and spacious, and the view from the 9th floor was awesome. Loved the Keurig, bathrobes and black-out drapes. Bathroom amenities and the aromatherapy sleep kit were amazing. And we loved coming back to the pool and hot tub after a long day of walking. The weekend was flawless, and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Executive King rooms include robes (perfect for going to the spa) and a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your insightful review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to sharing your recognizing the restaurant team for their outstanding service. Currently we are ranked number 13 of the entire chain of Crowne Plaza Hotels in hotel overall satisfaction, I am so glad you can tell. My team I hope you tell many friends and return often.
Thanks!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We traveled to Portland in early November to see the Trailblazers vs Rockets game as well as do some shopping. Our stay at the Crowne Plaza was very enjoyable. Randy checked us in and was quick to give us great recommendations for things to do in Portland as well as making arrangements for us to take the shuttle to our pickup location. The breakfast buffet was amazing and had everything we needed to satisfy an empty stomach. The location of the hotel was great for going to the basketball game but lacked good bar and restaurant options. I guess that is mostly towards the other side of Downtown. The other Concierge Shae was also very friendly and helpful with directions to everywhere we needed to go. (I hope i remembered/spelled their names correctly) We would stay again at the Crowne plaza.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate you identifying our staff members Randee and Shae who you found exceptionally pleasant and helpful. I will be sure to recognize them as they are a true professional who takes great pride in the service they deliver. Please feel free to call on me if I can be of assistance in your future travels.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

It has changed though. It used to offer free coffee in the mornings and now it doesn't. Starbucks has invaded and put a machine there you pay and it serves you coffee.
The staff are friendly as always and the rooms are nice. A little on the expensive side for what it is though. I guess its location?

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and appreciated our friendly service my staff and I aspire to deliver consistently. I am glad that you mentioned we now serve Starbucks coffee in the restaurant as well as offering barista style drinks in the lobby. We still offer free coffee in each guest room from our premium Keurig machines with a selection of premium coffee and tea. I truly appreciate that you have given us the opportunity to serve you again and we look forward to your return; please give me a call if I can be of assistance.