Lucky enough to win a discounted room on a travel site bid at this hotel, I was immediately impressed with the keen attention to my needs when the Concierge offered to check me in so that I did not have to wait behind the two people who were already being helped at the counter.
As I entered the hotel, I noticed comfortable touring bicycles in the atrium that were available to borrow during my stay.
Within the room were little perks such as:
- A (removable) clip on the curtains to hold them together, providing a completely dark room for uninterrupted sleep no matter what time of day you need it.
- Spa packet on the bed with relaxing spray and lotions.
- Keurig coffee / tea maker with a selection of tea and coffee pods (conventional, non-organic).
Within the convenience shop in the lobby, I found great grab and go items such as fruits, single serving ice creams and Umpqua on the go oatmeal cups plus many other options.
The bar has a great happy hour where I enjoyed a glass of wine for only $4 and was surprised by the huge and generous helping of shrimp in their po'boy. Their people remembered me each day and treated me like I was important and appreciated. The breakfast was decent and I was delighted and surprised by organic tea available to me in the restaurant and hope to see it in the room next time.
The indoor pool and whirlpool were fabulous, the workout space could use a little attention with regard to making certain the television / sound systems work on each of the machines but overall, I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portland hotel is close to Oregon Convention Center Located just off I-5, in the heart of downtown Portland, the recently renovated Crowne Plaza Portland - Downtown - Convention Center is a great place to base your next trip to Portland. With a convenient location near Portland International Airport (PDX) and Fareless Square, you will find that getting around the city is a breeze. Within walking distance of our hotel in Portland are major venues like the Oregon Convention Center, Rose Garden Arena and Memorial Coliseum, and our hotel shuttle service is available to take you to these facilities. Also, our hotel is near Fareless Square, where Portland's MAX light rail system will take you downtown, free of charge. Some of the city's best dining, shopping and tourist attractions are within in walking distance of our hotel. Portland's Lloyd Center Mall, just over a mile away, offers great shopping opportunities, or if you'd rather, you can find a quiet haven within the city at the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, located just over a mile from our downtown Portland hotel. Additionally, we're not far from Portland's Pearl District, the city's most colorful and creative district. Our hotel near Portland International has 11 meeting rooms that can be tailored to fit the needs of your event. With new audio/visual options and free high-speed Internet access, come see why the Crowne Plaza Portland is the Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Hotel Portland
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Crowne Plaza