Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrose gardenwithin a mile radiusfree shuttlerose quarteracross the riverfront desk stafflight railbreakfast buffetnice amenitiespool and hot tubself parkingcomfortable bedslloyd centershuttle servicehotel restaurantfew blocksairport shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the basketball game when Miami was in town. Hotel was busy but we were still able to get 5 star service. Super close to the Rose Garden about a 4-5 minute walk. Seems like the staff try to go out of their way to be helpful. After the first night, we decided to do something a little low key. We asked the front desk if they could call us a cab and give us any suggestions on any local bars to watch another game. Calin was gracious enough not only giving us a great local bar to go to, but he then drove us there with the hotel shuttle. I have never recieved service like that, he then wanted to give us our tip back because he thought it was too large. Stand up guy eh? He offered to pick us up, but we decided to walk back instead. We caught another staff member as he was dropping off other people at the hotel, and asked if he could give us a ride to grab some food. Kerri I believe his name is was also more than happy to do so. We will be back because of their superior service. I also wanted to add that we got a free upgrade upon arrival. Our trip was absolutey problem free and we can thank the staff of the Crowne Plaza for that. I hope Calin and Kerri (hope I got your names right) receive some sort of credit for doing what they did. My parents will be going to the Crowne in March from my reccomendation. I will be sending everyone I know there if they are planning a trip to Portland

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you pointing out the names of our staff members who did a great job. We will ensure they get recognized for this as it is our service staff that makes us stand apart.
Thanks for noticing.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here for the Bruce Springsteen concert. Even though it was busy, the Hotel was very well suited for our experience. There are restaurants within walking distance, and the Rose Quarter within walking distance too. The room was wonderfully appointed (best bed ever!) There was a complimentary "spa kit" in the room that I used and it was fabulous. I liked the products so well that I went online and purchased some on my own. We had breakfast in the Hotel in the morning and it was yummy. Staff is helpful. Rooms are so cozy and clean, I felt like a Princess. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and the cleanliness standards we maintain. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Take care.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I am in the service industry & our hotel driver was crass, RUDE & downright MEAN!!! Our flight arrived early, unfortunatly our hotel van driver informed us that because our flight is "usually" late, we were forced to wait an additional :40mins for pickup. The drive from PDX to the hotel was downright Frightening...The roads at 1am were dark and wet & icey. Yet, the hotel driver, Dan, continued to drive at excessive speeds (70mph in a 50mph zone). We were hydroplaning & it was like a NASCAR race. We were Terrified!!! He continued to drive in a recklass manner & should be fired IMMEDIATLY!! The front desk mgr was kind enough to offer us a FREE B'Fast, but it cannot compensate the irresponsible conduct & complete disregard for the safety of the hotel guest that this driver showed. I have contacted their corporate offices in Atlanta as well as our hotel dept. My co-workers and I have *NO* desire to stay at this hotel property in the future. If I were traveling with family members, I would definatly take a cab!!! No complaints regarding hotel, but this driver needs to be Terminated Immediatly!!! There are no excuses for his careless actions!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

My staff and I care very deeply about the safety and service we provide our guests so I personally took the time to review the facts in fairness to the associate and most importantly the safety of our guests. I did find that our driver exceeded the speed limit on the freeway by 15 mph however the road conditions were not icy. In accordance with our driving policy the driver was reprimanded accordingly and I highly encourage anyone who has any concerns about service to contact me directly. In this case I hope the person who wrote the review responds to my personal message so I can be of additional service.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My fiancee and I decided not to get each other xmas gifts, so instead we pooled our money to go on a mini vacation up to Portland. Since staying downtown is way above our price range, we searched the area on the east side of the city across the bridge. We found the Crown Plaza hotel. It was only a 7 min or so walk to the nearest Max station and only a 2 minute walk to the streetcar which we took to go to the OMSI.

When we checked in, Justin was very friendly and helpful. When we deicded to borrow a DVD for the night, Nicole was very nice as we chose our selection. Overall, the front desk staff was always smiling and it seemed very welcoming.

We ordered breakfast from room service and got the fruit and yogurt as well as the parfait. Both were very good! It was a little pricey, but everywhere has pricey room service, but it was definitely worth the money. The fruit was hand selected and very fresh and the yogurt was so good!

The only downside to the stay was the housekeeping. While they were amazing at servicing the room, they were almost a little too eager to service it as they were knocking on the door around 8:30-9am each morning. We could have easily called down to the front desk to schedule a service at a particular time, but it wasn't a big deal. The housekeepers were also friendly and smiling all the time, as was any other staff that we stumbled into during our stay.

I'm glad that we were asked about getting a free membership so we can get points for each stay at that hotel, because we will definitely be back on our next trip! We booked our stay and then 2 weeks later a Groupon deal went up, so we will be keeping an eye open for the next Groupon for this hotel! Hope this review helps!

Room Tip: Ask to get a room on the east side and as high up as you can go. It has a great view of Mt. Hood!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMUchippewa
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel amenities and friendly staff. I appreciate you mentioning Justin, I will be sure to thank him for his great service.
Please let me know if I can be of service to you when you are planning your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice hotel. Got free upgrade at check-in. Lounge area was very nice. Pool was clean. The room was nice with good amenities. Unfortunately it was also extremely noisy! The old metal windows did nothing to block the street noise. It was like not having a window at all. The room seemed clean. However, finding someone else's old cracker on the floor was a little unsettling. The hotel and staff were nice, but I probably won't stay here again due to the noise issue. I couldn't sleep at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you found the staff great and enjoyed the amenities however I do want to apologize that you found the room being noisy. The rooms that overlook the river and downtown have a fantastic view and are quiet enough for all but sensitive sleepers. We will be sure to check the seal and also make sure the window is closing properly; remember we are happy to accommodate any request such as a location facing the east if you would prefer.
Thanks for staying and taking the time to comment and I hope you respond to my personal message.