“terrible wifi”

Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

if you need access to the internet don't stay here They continuously have problems with their wifi

the staff is great the room if comfortable but a hotel of this level should be able to provide consistent internet access

they have had problems with thier wifi for the 3 years i have been staying here for work

2  Thank flybear38
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review. I am sorry that the internet fell short of your expectations. Over the years we have invested heavily in order to provide a reliable internet signal and infrastructure. Generally the system works well and is satisfactory for general internet surfing. I hope that you will reply to the private message in order to address your situation and make it better in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We came to Portland for the Vegfest convention. This hotel is in the perfect spot to walk to convention center. Easy on and off freeway. Everyone is very friendly and helpful at this Hotel. We arrived early 1130 am and did not expect to have our room ready but they were able to give us a room and allowed us to check in, which was nice before we walked to the convention. Beautiful room with comfortable bed and free Internet. Restaurants within walking range. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 9th floor, nice view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sis0876

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza while attending a conference at the Oregon Zoo. Check-in was super easy. The desk clerk even asked if I was a member of the Priority Club and gave me a certificate for free beverages in the restaurant because I am. The registration and social hour were in the hotel and the food was excellent. In order to use the elevator to get to our room we had to insert our room card into the elevator. I like this security measure. Rooms were very clean and quiet. No sounds of people walking around on the next floor! The hotel is only a short walk to the metro rail. All the hotel employees were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandi P
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate you acknowledging the friendly staff and pointing out the level of our room features and amenities that set us apart. Please let me know if I can in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Awesome stay at the Crown Plaza, late check-in was no problem, courteous & helpful staff, quiet, clean, & comfortable rooms. Great ammenties (i.e. 24 hour store for a late night snack, business center, etc..). Good location, close to light rail that goes do downtown area. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed in this same hotel a couple years ago and happened to be in Portland again this last week and decided to try them out again. The room was clean and modern. The staff was super friendly and helped locate some late eateries for me when I got in after midnight the first day of my arrival. The location is easy access to the light rail system which is super easy to use. This is definately my goto recommendation for anyone wanting to visit the Rose City.

1  Thank absullivan

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy that your second stay was even better than your first. We love when our guests have amazing stays! Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime in the future when you plan on being back Portland, we definitely enjoy being your go to hotel in Portland.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crown Plaza. From the free shuttle, friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff, cleanness of the room, down to the daily water in the lobby - I wished all of my travels were this inviting and helpful. If I had to complain about only one thing it might would be the bar but heck everyone has a bad day. If you are traveling to downtown, its an easy walk to the rail. Great stay and would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed the hotels many amenities and great location. We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The best thing about the CP Convention Center has to be the staff. Nice job team - every request - forgotten toiletries, restaurant deliveries to hotel, local free shuttle or public transport directions, even suggestions on wines in the lounge - was answered enthusiastically. Very helpful group.

The room was comfortable and I liked the mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker that were provided. This made my week there feel a bit more like home. The bed was comfortable but the sheets and blankets were a bit scratchy (I find this to be the difference b/w a 3.5 and 4 or 5 star hotel - it always comes down to the sheets!).

Overall I had no issue with the hotel itself, but I did NOT enjoy the location. There just wasn't much to do within a walking distance like some of the other Portland hotels I've stayed at recently. Granted the shuttle and tri-max are close by, but I just enjoy the ability to stroll from my hotel a couple of blocks and enjoy the local eateries - just wasn't a possibility here...unless you count Wendy's, Subway or McDonald's local restaurants!

Again, the hotel was great, and I suppose if you are working at the convention center it would be a fine location - but I was there for a different reason, so wasn't all that great for my needs.

1  Thank winegirlSanFrancisco