“"Excellent Hotel" "I will definitely return"” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #44 of 138 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
“"Excellent Hotel" "I will definitely return"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Everything about this hotel and the stay was top notch. Shae made the check-in quick and hassle free . In fact, I received a complimentary upgrade to the executive level. The room was perfect. Clean, well laid out, large and comfortable. The king bed was in excellent condition as was the rest of the room. The hotel was hosting a convention but it did not impact on my sleep or ability to relax at all. I enjoyed a peaceful night and woke the next morning refreshed. I found the hotel restaurant standards to be equally as high as those of the hotel. Vanessa (restaurant manager) and Sarah my server both provided fast and friendly service. Check out went similarly smoothly. Ashley reconciled the charges efficiently and offered help with directions. The hotel is located just moments from downtown which made travelling very easy. There is a very nice pool, hot tub and fitness center available for guest use. The level of service provided is as good as I see and it is obvious someone has made this a priority. I would recommend this hotel to anyone whether you are travelling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank majesticinnspa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel's courtesy shuttle from the airport arrived in about 30 minutes. Driver was nice and helpful. The hotel is in a very convenient location, 5 minutes walking distance from the light rail and within the free ride zone. We stayed on the 8th floor during 4th of July weekend. We could see Mt. Hood in the distance from our window. Staff was helpful and nice. Hotel bar has decent appetizers and drinks and friendly staff. We ordered room service for breakfast from the hotel restaurant- which was pretty good. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheSmarts
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you identifying our staff members you found exceptionally pleasant and helpful. I will be sure to recognize them both as they are true professionals that take great pride in their service delivery.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center during a very busy part of the year and even during such a time the service was awesome and the facility was top notch. We will definitely make it our hotel of choice in the Portland area!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kdog1969
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. Being your new hotel of choice when visiting Portland is an honor we are proud of earning. Please let me know if I can be of service when you make your future plans.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

This hotel is so centrally located, we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel was very clean and the bed were very comfortable, with all the extra special amenities. I felt like the staff was so helpful and cheerful at all times, even in the middle of the night. It is obvious they all enjoy their job, always smiling and saying hello. There is just a nice inviting feeling to this hotel. Oh, and love the bikes out front to use to cruise around town. Thanks Crowne Plaza Portland for a great vacation!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland downtown and we look forward to your next visit. I was especially pleased you got a chance to enjoy the bikes they are a lot of fun. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.
Take care.
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I appreciate the cleanliness of the Crown Plaza Portland-Downtown. I had a great nights' sleep as it was quiet and comfortable. Service was attentive and the food was good in the in-house restaurant. I appreciate a nice stay/sleep for a fair price! Close to catch a bus downtown and to the water.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I needed to be in Portland for business and ended up at the Crown Plaza because my regular hotel was booked. The accommodations were great. The staff went out of their way in every area from the front desk to the restaurant and bar, to the cleaning staff. I've never met so many pleasant people in one place.

I normally stay on the west side of town, but the close access to the free public light rail system made it easy to get back and forth. I also found a new favorite restaurant (The Cadillac) on the East side thanks to the staff at the Crowne Plaza.

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I felt so compelled by my experience. The Crown Plaza is my new "go-to" place whenever I'm in Portland!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and appreciated our friendly service my staff and I aspire to deliver consistently. I hope you tell many friends and return often.
Thanks!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

My fiance and I checked in for a one night stay with another room for a friend under our reservation. My biggest problem was that they did not give me a Priority Club packet for my second reservation, which means my friend did not get his complimentary drink. The front desk associate refused to give him one since he was not a member, even though it was under my name. If it hadn't been so busy with check ins I would have gone up and asked for it myself.
The beds are very firm, which is not awesome for me, but maybe good for others. I like mine soft and squishy. Room was clean with the exception of the tub being stained.
April, the bar tender, was a great delight to our evening and was very hospitable and sociable. Matthew, at the front desk during check in, was also very informative and helpful.

Over all I expected more from a Crowne Plaza but it wasn't a terrible experience. I would definitely consider booking rooms for my family when they come to Oregon for my wedding next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ChellehBelleh
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate you pointing out the names of our staff members who did a great job. We will ensure they get recognized for this. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and related services. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans for your wedding. My team and I would love the opportunity to serve your guests.