Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Brisbane
“We extended”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The Hotel was pleasent the staff most helpfull no need for valet Parking less than 50 paces to car.
We were only booked for one night but decided on two as the room was most comfortable,,, we would stay here anytime and reccomend this Hotel.
Central to most things PS go to the Japanese gardens

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ronb_22999
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and friendly staff. I sincerely appreciate your comments and will enjoy sharing them with my team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

One of the worst hotels I've stayed in for the price. I phoned ahead the week before to ask for a quiest room, when I got there I was facing the freeway, and told I wasn't able to move for five nights. My colleague (who is male and looks older) asked for a room move the next morning, and was instantly accomodated. The reception were apologetic, but unhelpful. At breaksfast we waited 45 minutes to get our food, and had frankly pathetic excuses about us moving seats - in actual fact one of our colleagues has moved to join us.
The ear plugs in the room were much needed, but could not block out the traffic noise, even on the 'quiet' side.
The pool and gym were smaller than my lounge, so it was hard to get a good workout in the pool, but most of the time I was so tired from my lack of sleep that I didn't have the energy.

Room Tip: Have one away from the freeway,or don't come
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your visit fell short of your expectations. As you can see when reading our reviews we take great pride in our quality and service. I apologize that we were not able to move you immediately due to us being full. I am unsure what being male and older has to do with anything but we can generally accommodate a room move in the morning by storing the luggage and moving it to the new room when it becomes available. I have shared your comments with my staff so we can continue to improve our service delivery and product. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel because it was close to the hotel where my conference was being held. (Someone described the host hotel as a "dump"). I usually stay at one of the upscale hotels downtown.The Crowne Plaza was a delightful surprise. Updated, clean comfortable. The only problem was needing our car @ 6:30, and being told the valet didn't come in until 7. Two staff members stand out for excellent service: Rosy and Sheae I won't hesitate to stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rngunn
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you pointing out the names of our staff members who did a great job. We will ensure they get recognized for this. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed May 3, 2011

For the entire duration of my stay the hotel staff was more than accomodating! Any concerns or issues that we had were immediately addressed by friendly and helpful staff. The hotel itself is elegant without being "stuffy". The rooms are welcoming with great amenities and the restaurant boasts some great food. The bar is well appointed with drinks of anyone's choosing and a happy hour menu to boot! I definitely am looking forward to making my way back to Portland and the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
I look forward to sharing your review with the team.
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I spent the last six weeks living in this hotel while at a training session. I have never been treated so well by hotel staff! They were professional and friendly. They even went out of their way to make us all feel at home. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure to anyone traveling to Portland!

• Stayed March 2011
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I won this hotel on Priceline recently, and came down for a concert at the Crystal Ballroom. Although I wasn't expecting a great roomas Priceline generally means a lesser room, they upgraded me to a King bedroom suite, for signing up to their free rewards program. A nice HD flat screen, awesome bed, nice bathroom, couldn't ask for more. And I will add that from start to finish, every employee I met there was helpful and courteous, from: Valet (which I didn't use but he was super friendly and knowledgeable of the area) check in, room service delivery, concierge... they were all great! The streets around can be a little confusing if you aren't from the area, but apart from that it was great. Actually, a compliment on their room service food, it was a step above most hotel food. Well done guys!

Room Tip: Sign up for their rewards/points program!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review. We love when our guests have amazing stays!
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We were there for new years eve! The hotel was packed but the lines were short and went by quickly. The room itself was very big and everything was modern. Large flat screen t.v. in the room. We had the 2 queens standard room. It was so cold and windy outside that instead of watching the ball drop at the square we just stayed in. The food for room service was actually tasty as well. Room service was much more then normal at any other place and ask lots of questions when ordering as we had to call about several times to clarify AFTER we got the food. Keurig coffee available with a mini fridge. The only downside was our neighbors who kept slamming the door as they continuously went in and out of the room until about 130am. Parking area is kinda small and I5 was right around the corner.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the in room amenities and friendly service my staff and I aspire to deliver consistently. I was pleased that you recognized our room service team. My chef and the entire food team enjoy presenting high quality, often organic and always fresh offerings for our guests.
I look forward to sharing your review with the team.
Thank you for staying with us we look forward to your return.