“Comfortable, quiet room; great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Portland Airport

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Portland
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Comfortable, quiet room; great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I needed a hotel near the airport for our early flight home. We are very glad we chose this one. I did not expect such high quality in a chain hotel near an airport, especially at such a comparatively reasonable price. The guest laundry was free! Our room was spacious and beautifully furnished. The bed was very comfortable, and the AC worked well. We heard no airport noise.

We were not able to try the breakfast, since we had to leave before 4am for our flight. I appreciate that the shuttle runs this early; not all airport hotels do!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Next time maybe you will have time to try the great food in the Lakeside Bar and Grill.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Park Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed in Portland July 30 - 4 August, 2014. We rented a business room on the 4th floor which had a king size bedroom, living room area and a large table with chairs. Our group had two other double queen bedrooms. The business room was great for group get togethers at the end of each day. We also met for drinks and appetizers in the outside patio area each afternoon. The buffet breakfast had a variety of foods each morning. All the hotel personnel could not have been more accommodating and friendly during our stay. There were newspapers each morning and warm cookies each afternoon. The 4th floor has a lovely first class lounge area. The hotel also has a free washer and dryer available as well as exercise room. Overall we could not have asked for more! Kudos to Michelle, the afternoon desk manager!

Room Tip: The 4th floor is only for guests staying on this floor...using your key on the elevator to access th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for the great recommendation! I'm thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I have shared your kind comments with Michelle and she was honored that you mentioned her by name. She is a super-star and I appreciate the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!

We hope to see you again soon!

Waimea, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Found this place on TripAdvisor and I was very happy with the experience, both on the way in and back. Free shuttle from the airport, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Make sure to include breakfast buffet in your stay arrangements if you have time in the morning for that. Internet works great They allow pets - not something I agree with necessarily - did not seem to have "pet rooms" so that the rest of the place could remain cleaner. Noise is really not an issue - I slept with windows open on both occasions

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. One clarification - we don't allow pets - other than registered service animals - as required by law for for all hotels.

We hope to see you again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a very comfortable hotel. The room was well-appointed, with some very nice toiletries, and the adjustable bed meant you could make it as soft or firm as you'd like. Everyone was friendly and I was very happy with my stay. It's worth mentioning that the location is great if you are going to be flying soon, but is quite distant from the city center, so keep this in mind.
Although this was a great hotel, there were three reasons I didn't give it an "excellent" rating. First, the on-site restaurant was very expensive, and the food was not particularly impressive. Second, the maid cleaned my room even though I left a do-not-disturb sign on the door. I suppose a clean room isn't really so bad, but I would have preferred that my instructions were followed. Finally, the shuttle to the airport is often full or close to full. Receptionists indicated that it should be reserved the day before to insure you have a spot, indicating they really need more frequent shuttles. At a hotel that features "airport" in it's name, getting space on airport shuttles shouldn't be a concern.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! I have addressed your concerns regarding housekeeping, our restaurant and the shuttle service with our team. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and are continually working to improve our guest's experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon.

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

A frequent flier, this was a nice place to spend the night. Good service, clean room, friendly staff, good price, great coffee machine in the lobby :) I'd stay here again and would suggest it as a good place for those early flights out of PDX

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you the night before your next early flight!

Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed overnight at this hotel and parked in the hotel parking lot, arriving at dark. There are trees overlooking the parking lot that drip sap, and it cost me $200 to have my car cleaned up the next week. The hotel said it was not their problem and would not help pay for this. Added a lot to the cost of my stay! Last time I stay at a Radisson.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JonQu
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
I apologize for the tree sap residue on your vehicle. We are working with our landscaping team to trim back trees that overhang the parking lot and regret the inconvenience this caused you.

San Jose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel was clean and neat. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel employess were all very friendly. If staying over one night and not interested in visiting Protland I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and our friendly employees.

Please come and see us again very soon.