“It was a nice drizzle in Portland”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #15 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Pugwash, Nova Scotia, Canada
“It was a nice drizzle in Portland”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I love the overcast and drizzles. My first time going to Portland and I was taken back!
It is a huge city! I was overloaded and had to relax to process the immensity and had a little difficulty finding my way around. I am from Orange County and function well with parallel and diagonal streets. Even our freeways are predictable. But Portland had me a bit confused but I was able to find this hotel. My honey made the reservations and I had a preconceived idea that it was going to be a dive for it was a deal too good to be true.

I loved the Radisson so much! Clean room with clean towels In fact it was more than I ever expected and I rarely left the room. What I like is that they do not use bedspreads because I hate when hotel/motels use comforters and bedspreads because I visualize that a naked person has exuded personal juices on it and the motel/hotel will never clean each and every bedspread/comforter because it is too costly. I love white sheets and that is all I need. They also have extra pillows and a blanket should you need it.
The soap shampoo and coffee maker was perfect as was the coffee 24/7 in the lobby.

I felt at home in this hotel and the staff was excellent, they seemed to like their job, a positive energy!
And I was happy with the restaurant for I was only visiting for 2 days and had no time to cook or run around looking for a place to eat.

I went to Portland because a death in the family but it was a perfect micro-vacation for me. "Made lemonade out of lemons"

I did not see the pool I was kicking it in my room, and kids I did not take any because my children are grown. Perfect for couples!! Especially geezers!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing such a great detailed review of your recent stay with us! I especially like the fact that our excellent staff made you feel at home. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in our beautiful city and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back our way.

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Korean first
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Radisson twice in 2013, both times staying over night prior to a flight out of the Portland airport. This hotel is so convenient. We left our vehicle there for 10 days each time, and the cost of the room was about the same price as we would have paid for parking at the airport. The rooms are SUPER clean and nice. You get your choice of sleep number bed or pillow top, so we have tried both! The pillow top was soooo comfy I did not want to get up that morning! The hotel restaurant is REALLY good, and so are the specialty drinks. Wow... the other thing that is nice is the airport shuttle. This hotel made it so easy. Simply reserve a room, show up, park, eat, sleep and hop on the shuttle for your flight. It's about 6 minutes to the airport and the driver tells you exactly where to go for your airline. The shuttle leaves the airport every 15 minutes so you don't have to wait at all when you get back from your trip. Lots of hotels around PDX offer similar service but the Radisson has been the best. Staff is awesome, and both times we were there we saw several members of flight crews coming into the hotel. That speaks to the quality of the hotel. It's close enough to get there quickly, far enough away that you don't hear ANY noise. NICE!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a parking lot view and others have a nicer view... we were there at night both times...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share about your experience with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and your loyalty!

I'm glad our Stay, Park and Fly package is convenient and economical for you.

We hope to see you again before flying off to your next adventure!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel might not be the easiest to find, but it is worth it. We stay at the Radisson whenever we're coming to Portland, or when we are going to travel overseas. It's a great GO-TO hotel that is convenient to the Airport and the free shuttle makes it's really nice. They also offer a package where you can leave your car, safely, while you travel.

This last stay was for November 27 & 28. When we checked in, we were delighted to see that we'd received a complimentary upgrade. The room was incredible. And, in the room, there was a handwritten note from Jennifer (Reservation Specialist) and a form letter from Becky (General Manager), both were nice touches that made us feel very welcomed and appreciated. Plus, there was a cold beer in the refrigerator (note said it was a 'special treat'). This is not the service you'd normally expect from a hotel near the Portland Airport. We were duly impressed.

On the down-side, the man at the front desk didn't seem clear on our reservation and wasn't sure if we were reserved for two nights. A bit disconcerting, although our reservation clearly stated the two nights. I cleared it up the following morning.

Also, it seems like they were only expecting my husband as there was only one beer in the refrigerator and only one robe in the closet. Not a biggie, but not quite perfect. It wasn't worth bringing to their attention, but I'm sure if we'd done so, all would have been fixed promptly.

The Radisson is your best choice, bar none, if you need a hotel near the airport. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room at the end of the hall. Very spacious and quiet. Looked out over trees...
3 Thank PALTravel
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience with us! We truly appreciate your loyalty.

My apologies for the confusion at the front desk. We are training some new agents and will use your feedback to provide additional coaching where needed.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to make things "perfect" on your next visit!

Westlake Village, Ca
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Hotel had great service and all of the amentities you could ask for a road warrior. There was a great restaurant on site that was comfortable and agood food. The rooms are well lit with lots of plugs for cell phones, Computers....Staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome.... hotel was updated with a great value. Would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience with us. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again when your "road warrior" travels bring you back our way!

Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have become regulars at this very comfortable hotel. First "discovered" it a few years ago when we needed the "park and fly" option, which is a very safe and efficient way to make an early flight out, leaving the car with Radisson while traveling. Now we have returned many times, as we just plain love the place, especially the Lindberg level rooms. (These are very comfortable, immaculate, spacious with small living room area and for those on back side of building, a view of the serene little pond with ducks and a pair of egrets on our last visit.) Staff are extremely polite and responsive to needs, check in and out efficient. Morning coffee? The lobby has regular brew or a complimentary self-operated espresso machine. Happy hour? Terrific appetizers at great prices in the Lakeside Cafe', for all rooms. (Complimentary drinks and appetizers for Lindberg level rooms.) Excellent hot/cold buffet breakfast. (Also complimentary for L. level rooms!) This excellent hotel offers comfort, convenience and great value. We'll be back!

1 Thank Wordsofwhizdom
We LOVE our :"regular" guests! Thank you for your great feedback and your loyalty. We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we truly appreciate you choosing us!

We hope to see you again very soon.

Crescent City, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

A little late with the review. My wife and I fly to North Carolina to start a three week vacation in October. Since we stayed at the Radisson Portland Airport last year prior to our flight and loved it we thought we'd start out with a great experience. Once again we really enjoyed our stay both on our way out of town and upon our return. I called prior to booking with a special request and received a prompt call back to help with the arrangements. Great crew, great room and bed, don't hesitate to book here. Only minutes away from the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time to review your October visit.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first experience with us enough to return a second time! We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

As airport hotels go this one was quite pleasant. They are on a small lake or large pond and gave us a view of the lake with lots of fall foliage. There was frequent service back to the airport. The room was large enough and came with ear plugs in case the sound of airplanes or a nearby railroad bothered you but I slept just fine. I wish the sink was not in the room but in the bathroom.

In the morning they had an unexpected treat: Grab and Go breakfast for free (there is a restaurant on the property and breakfast was not included) with some fruit and snack bars plus coffee and tea. The buses to the airport were full but ran every 15 minutes and you could make a reservation.

Room Tip: The pond view if you are there during daylight was very pleasant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Orindaguy
I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking time to share your impressions of our property.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.