“I'll CHOOSE to stay by the airport for this place!”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #14 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Olympia, Washington
“I'll CHOOSE to stay by the airport for this place!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our September 2013 visit to the Radisson at the Portland Airport could NOT have been a bigger surprise. I've never stayed at such a warm, quiet, hip airport hotel. The staff was fantastic, the beds comfy, the décor lovely, and the FOOD at the restaurant was fantastic!! There is a fabulous seating area with a waterfall out front; loved spending time there on breaks from our meeting. We had trouble with our air conditioner the first night and the problem was fixed and we were given a voucher for two drinks and an appetizer for our trouble. We were there for four nights for a work meeting so I feel very comfortable giving this hotel high marks. They took care of us very, very well. Thanks Radisson!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectations!

We hope you - and your group - will return and stay with us the next time you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Korean first
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I own a travel agency in Eugene, Oregon and for years have put my clients in this hotel. Because of my profession, I am traveling all the time, and it is wonderful to know that the first leg of my trips is with this Radisson. So many positives to mention: res staff really helpful; check-in staff so efficient; complimentary shuttle to and from the airport is really a HUGE plus, never a wait on either end; great hot continental breakfasts; special goodies in the rooms; sleep# beds wonderful! I will definitely continue booking the PDX Radisson for my clients and myself!

Room Tip: My suggestion would be to pay a bit more and stay in the first class level on the 4th floor. You ge...
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire staff at the Portland Radisson thank you for your kind words! We truly appreciate your loyalty and recommending us to your clients.

We love our travel agents and appreciate the trust they place in us when booking their clients at our hotel.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Overall, very happy with our stay. The beds were OK (base level Sleep Number), rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was very courteous and helpful. The food at the restaurant was mediocre at best as far as food is concerned, but about par for most hotels.

Before going, I did notice a few negative reports about plane and train noises. I never heard much of either while in the room, but we did keep the windows closed. This may have helped. I did notice how generally quiet the hotel was, actually. Even over a major holiday weekend, there were no kids running around in the AM which is ALWAYS an annoyance for us. I would attribute this to the lack of a pool at the hotel. Also, the doors close silently...that's the other constant thing to awake me in the AM is people checking out early and letting their doors slam.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope you will choose the Portland Airport Radisson whenever you have need of an airport hotel!

California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff was wonderful, the inside was nice, for the price its amazing, and number one for me, the comfort of the beds. I have fibromyalgia and the staff recommended the pillowtop bed for me. It was the best bed in a hotel I have slept in. the free shuttle runs all the time, so when I needed one at 5:40 am, it was there. Took a couple minutes to reach the airport and I was off.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such kind words about your recent stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the Portland Radisson!

We do have several great options for beds to accommodate the preferences of our guests. In addition to the popular Sleep Number beds, we also offer firm or pillow top non-Sleep Number beds.

Thank you again for the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel has a nice restaurant with really good wait staff. Good Espresso machine in the lobby. The staff at the front desk were very helpful with directions etc. You could print documents from your smart phone and pick it up at the front desk. The room was stocked with bathroom supplies did not have to ask. Close tot the airport but not noisy.

The Couch in the room needed some serious cleaning there were fruit loops in them (Might be better to replace them newer ones) and they looked stained so was the comforter. Parts of the parking lot were cordoned off and in repair. The keys to the rooms would randomly stop working and had to go back to the lobby to get them fixed. Overall the hotel looks dated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.

I appreciate you bringing your concerns regarding key cards and housekeeping to my attention. We are working diligently to correct these problems so that on your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Middletown, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

If in Portland on business, or a short stay, this hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet (considering it is close to airport). Staff is friendly and accommodating. Food is good.
The hotel has a very relaxing atmosphere. Lots of parking and its free.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Priesth
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come visit us again soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here 2 separate nights at end of August. Thursday Night & a Sunday Night. Staff was excellent! From the front desk to the bartender in the restaurant to the shuttle driver to and from the airport. All were very friendly, customer service oriented and professional. Hotel grounds are immaculate. Price for an airport hotel is outstanding. Ate at the Lakeside Restaurant on the premises 3 separate times and all 3 were good meals. Breakfast Buffet is reasonably priced and staff in the restaurant worked hard to make sure you had everything. Loved the Sleep Number Bed as I have one at home and slept very comfortably. Rooms were very clean and loved the automatic coffeemaker with multiple options brews available by front desk. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback and positive recommendation of our hotel!

I'm glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay - especially our great staff, comfortable beds, fabulous food in the Lakeside Bar and Grill and great complimentary espresso at the front desk!

We hope you will stay with us again very soon.