“Good value”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #13 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were looking for a place in Portland that we could stay at before and after a visit to L.A. This was close to the airport with a free shuttle to and from. The price was better than the hotels we were considering that were closer to the downtown area. Plus, this hotel offered a park & fly room rate which allowed us to leave our car there while we were in L.A.

We selected this hotel because of the features mentioned above, but we discovered that it was a very nice place. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was not a problem with airport noise. The restaurant provided very nice meals. This is important because there isn't anything else within walking distance. The servers were pleasant but occasionally seemed a little overtaxed by the number of diners they were trying to help (i.e. there was some waiting involved).

The front desk staff was helpful and there were no long waits for checking in or out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to our hotel.

I'm glad you found our Stay, Park and Fly package to be a good value and enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to PDX.

We hope you will stay with us again whenever you have need of a Portland airport area hotel.

Becky Fields

Write a ReviewReviews (2,142)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my second stay at the Radisson and the last. Every time I stay there we get a room with a sleep number bed and every time I have a miserable experience, I don't understand why they don't get rid of them. Super uncomfortable night right before departure from Portland with a long day of traveling ahead of me. The noise was almost unbearable, trains whistling to a point wondering if it was ever going to stop. Turned on the a/c thinking it might put a damper on the noise, a/c sounded "sick". The sinks are in the actual hotel room (not bathroom) which I think is unsanitary considering the room is fully carpeted. I do NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the Sheraton, it's closer to the airport and they are known for their comfy beds. I wish I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I am terribly sorry that you did not find your sleep number bed to be comfortable. For future consideration we also have firm or pillow top (non-sleep number) beds available.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that you will consider visiting again and we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is one I have stayed at a number of times for business so it was only natural when the family and I came up to Portland and needed a motel, I chose this one. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Lakeside Grill downstairs is a great place to chill and grab a bite to eat. Again, the staff there are friendly and helpful. Part of the real value here lies in that they issue each member of your party a coupon for two free beverages and a small plate/appetizer AND a breakfast coupon for the morning. Top that off with it's PARK-N-FLY capabilities and you have a lot of bang for the buck. Place has ALWAYS been clean and one feels safe staying here. The fitness/pool areas were a hit with my wife and oldest and worth checking out. You know a place is good when the WHOLE family is in no hurry to leave. Ask for upgrades (the fourth floor is great and the view of the pond pretty cool) and discounts if available. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Choose the view of the pond!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write such a great recommendation for our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us for both business and pleasure! I'm so glad you were able to bring the entire family this time and they enjoyed themselves.

We hope you will come and see us again - for either business or pleasure - very soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 separate days through Expedia. The first time, everything was very good. The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. They gave us vouchers for free appetizer and drinks for the evening and for free breakfast. This was part of the package that we booked although the appetizer part was a bonus we didn't expect.
The second time (2 days later as we went to another city in between), we had the same perks but we were quite disappointed with the room. There was hair still in the toilet and by the bedside table. The counter by the sink was still sticky. I had to clean this by myself with my disinfectant wipes.
So I guess the quality does vary.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travjud

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the housekeeping issues you mentioned with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would have given it five stars but one day the cleaning girl just did not clean our room and by the time we got back it was to late. The rooms are very clean, the service was excellant. We were there for a wedding and i had two other rooms rented there also for other family members. The breakfast buffet is as expected and the restraunt food is good, I would not normally want to eat there unless your short on time. The food is a normal to small proportion and over priced for what you get. Your option for a sleep number bed, in the future go with the regular bed. We did not really like the sleep number bed very well.

Room Tip: Dont do the sleep number bed, not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience at our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback regarding housekeeping and have provided coaching to our employees to prevent this type of situation from occurring again in the future.

We hope you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Radisson at PDX is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed at in the area. The property is quite loved and well cared for. The parking lot was quite large. All the doors are secured for your safety.

I found the rooms to be large and well appointed. We had a pair of sleep number queens beds that were extremely comfortable. My buddy was also able to use the Iphone doc to recharge his phone. We both enjoyed the fridge and microwave as we brought snacks and beverages too.

I will look forward to my next stay at this location.

Room Tip: get a room on the lakeside for privacy and to keep out the morning rays too!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the great feedback! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We hope you will stay with us whenever you have need of an airport hotel!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was such a good find. We booked it because of other TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. In fact, it exceeded our expectations. First, the service at the front desk was very good -- they were courteous, friendly and efficient. We were given a choice of beds: pillow top, firm or sleep number. We chose pillow top and were very comfortable. The room was very clean with plenty of towels, soap, etc. Our room was large and apparently recently renovated as the furnishings looked new (the couch was also quite comfy). The location was great for us since we were touring areas in and outside of Portland -- and we never heard any airplane noise despite being in an airport hotel. I would book this again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We love exceeding expectations!

I'm glad you found our staff friendly, our guest rooms rooms clean and comfortable and our location convenient.

We hope you will come stay with us whenever you have need of a Portland Airport hotel!