Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
$183
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
2,191 results
All reviewssleep numberportland airportlakeside grillgrab and gogranola barsshuttle servicepillow toppark and flylong term parkingleave your caron site restaurantfourth flooran early morning flightbreakfast buffetgreat place to stayi highly recommend this hotelbusiness center
Reviewed February 11, 2008

In general, airport hotels have a captive audience, so they don't have to be great. But there are always those who offer a little extra. For instance, there have to be twenty hotels around Portland International Airport. This one is a bit out of the way and hard to find. The up side is that it's a very quiet property. There is also the Radisson's Lakeside Grill restaurant which is good enough to pull in people from the community. Their park and fly program also seems to be popular, but that affects everyone since the hotel's enormous parking lot is always full--making hotel guests park far from the building.

My room was *huge* even by American standards. I faced the parking lot, but the irony is that what little noise there was came from trains running on a freight line 50 yards from the property. Inside the room, the wash basin--together with a microwave and refrigerator--made an interesting and possible food prepapation area. The toilet and tub were in a seperate room. There was no sleep-number bed in my room, and the mattress I did have has probably launched a thousand backaches (not to worry--I'll live). The free Wifi here has a strong signal, and it's possible to print things like airline e-ticket boarding passes from your hotel room using a special business service at this hotel.

All thing considered--and having seen some of the other hotel properties at PDX--I can see myself paying a return visit here. There should be some photos I took at the hotel attached to this review.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Forest20851
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Booked this through expedia for the low price, and because it was close to the airport, so it served its purpose. Expedia can’t guarantee the type of room you get with this hotel, so we didn’t get the correct number of beds in the room. It was not as good for us as it was for several tripadvisor reviewers, especially because for us, the beds didn’t seem to be anything special. Pros: two sinks in our room, separate from the bathroom Cons: Service was slow at check-in, and at the restaurant. Our breakfast at the restaurant took more than 45 minutes; we eventually left because we couldn’t wait around that long. We stayed at the Hampton Inn at the airport on our 2nd loop back, and that far exceeded this hotel in quality and service.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I found the Radisson to be a good base for exploring Portland during my recent visit. There's a reliable shuttle service from the airport and the journey to the hotel takes about 5 minutes. It may be a little hard to find if you're driving so do look up directions if you're driving to and from the hotel - there's separate entry and exit roads.

The staff were efficient and helpful with check in being handled swiftly. The hotel room was well furnished and very comfortable. The main selling point of an adjustable bed where you can use a control to make the bed more or less firm was probably less important for me as I'm less sensitive to firmness of mattresses but may be good for others. On double beds, you can even adjust each of the bed to different settings. There's an indoor swimming pool of reasonble but not huge size and a spa bath - nice to way to relax after a day of sight seeing. Also very useful was a free business centre with computers to keep in touch with home. There's an on-site restaurant but I didn't have a meal there.

The good shuttle service makes access to the excellent MAX light railway system a breeze. It's then about 30 minutes into downtown and an all day ticket for all public transportation costs $4.25. If your'e driving, there's easy access to I205.

A good base for exploring the sights of Portland

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Yeegan
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Good location for airport access and good shuttle service; Select Comfort beds; free laundry facilities; polite staff; decent breakfast on Charles Lindbergh level (4th floor); plenty parking space;
Restaurant so-so and unremarkable, somewhat over-priced;

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tom S
Reviewed August 2, 2007

hi me and my wife recently stayed in this motel,and quite frankly was shocked and disgusted, apparently this hotel is non smoking, but there employees smoke alot, when me and my wife drove up we noticed 2 employees,smoking out in front of the building on the right side exit as you are looking at building,later again as we exited the building on this side, and had to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to our car, there again was 2 employees smoking, one of them was a worker in the restaurant they have there, and the other was their little maintenance boy (jimmy)apparently, and there were cigarette butts all over in the shrubs too,burnt out lightbulbs cracks in concrete etc etc ,you get the picture, when we travel we like a nice clean property with clean rooms,and compitant employees, which we saw none of, so if you are looking for a non smoking motel, this is not the place to stay,and in the future will stay elsewhere, i hope this review will help others, when booking a room in portland by airport.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business