“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #15 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Crescent City, California
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I needed to fly from Portland to Kansas, so I started the search for a park and fly hotel. I found a Radisson within minutes of the airport. We had stayed at the Sierra Point Radisson in Brisbane a few months ago prior to another trip leaving out of San Francisco and it was great. We thought if the Sierra Point Radisson was a great place then maybe this Radisson would be a good one too. We were right, it was fantastic. Right from the start everyone treated us exceptionally well, the front desk representative, the wait staff in the lounge and even the shuttle driver. They were all great, efficient, polite and had all the answers to our questions. The food in the lounge was delicious, my complements to the chef, and I was glad we opted to eat there instead of looking around town for some place to eat. The number bed was another treat just like being at home. I took the on line survey about our stay and I did make a comment that my wife could not find an item she was looking for in the gift shop. I was surprised when I was contacted by the General Manager, Becky Fields, and had a pleasant conversation with her which started with the inquiry of what item was my wife looking for. How often does a General Manager take the time out of her/his busy schedule and extend the effort to contact an individual for such a trivial thing. I was impressed and pleased and probably kept her on the phone longer than I should have telling her about our fantastic stay and her great staff. We will be back when we fly out of Portland again. Do not hesitate to book a room here, you'll like it and the price is right. Thanks again Ms. Fields and to all the staff at the Radisson Portland.

Room Tip: It is my understanding that the hotel offers a few different types of beds and you can request a spe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear thereichs,

Thank you for the great review! I enjoyed speaking with you on the telephone as well. I shared your comments with our entire team at our employee appreciation event last week. They were pleased they contributed to making your stay a pleasant one.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the sleep number bed in your guest room and the delicious food in Lakeside Bar and Grill.

Please come and see us again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Korean first
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My daughter and I spent a short but sweet night at the Radisson this week. From beginning to end this stay was a sheer pleasure. Check in was flawless and the service was excellent. Our room was immaculate and lovely and the bed and pillows, oh so comfortable. The shuttle service to and from the airport (we returned our car the night before our red eye flight) was prompt. We asked for a wake-up call and received it right on time. We are used to boutique hotels but the Radisson made it to the top of our 'best' list. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Sign up for the free Club Membership and you might be put in an upgrade room, too!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dineyander,

Thank you for the great feedback! I love it when our guests use words like "sheer pleasure", "flawless", "immaculate" and "excellent" when describing our hotel!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The wooded property next to a pond and out of view from the freeway made a setting that I found tranquil and refreshing. My room was spotless and fresh with lovely natural light from the wide view onto the pond and woods. The staff was cordial, alert, responsive, and helpful with none of that forced eagerness that I find uncomfortable and counter productive. The breakfast buffet was fresh and tasty - even the coffee. A change of plan prevented me from making it to dinner. The exercise room and the laundry were excellent. Even though there was no view of the freeway, access to the freeway was quick and easy. Access to downtown Portland, to the airport and to towns south of Portland that I needed to visit was painless. After my many visits to Portland over the years, I am delighted to have found this place. This is where I will be staying in Portland henceforth.

Room Tip: Any room looking onto the pond.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James B
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear James B,

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such great feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased your room was spotless and you found our staff to be warm and genuine.

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, Next time I hope you get a chance to experience dinner as the food is wonderful in our Lakeside Bar and Grill.

Thank you for your business and the great review!

nh
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked with points so price was not a factor. My wife and I stayed on floor 4 on the pond side. It was quiet and well kept. Easy access to the highway for travelling around. It was clean and well kept. If you are not going to stay in town I would recommend this hotel and would return.

Room Tip: The pond side was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear pperkinsnh,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving such great feedback about your visit to our property.

I'm so glad you found your room to be clean and quiet with easy access to the freeway.

We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we are grateful you chose us! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here at the end of our 9 day trip to Oregon - the night before our flight home. This is a lovely hotel with a good restaurant. Our room was spacious and quiet. The service was excellent from the shuttle drivers to the front desk and restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Pam S,

Thank you for taking time to leave such kind comments about your recent stay with us! I especially appreciate hearing about the great service you received. We have an excellent team of employees who are truly hospitality minded and love what they do.

Come and see us again soon.

Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am a travel agent from Virginia and when we visit our daughter we always stay at this Radisson as it's our home away from home. Complimentary shuttle from airport to hotel, quick and friendly check -in, rooms are very comfortable from bedding to shower...very quiet...very clean!! They have added eggs and potatoes to the breakfast buffet since last year and was delicious! You must try their white bean chilli in the evening...so good and healthy too!! The evening staff at the restaurant are so friendly as always. You must also try their ginger-ale. Since last visit, they have upgraded in new carpet, chairs, etc. It is my pleasure as a travel agent to highly recommend this property..a great choice hotel near the Portland airport!! Have a nice stay!

Dear Wendy S,

Thanks for the great comments - especially coming from a travel professional like yourself! I'm glad you enjoy our hotel and find it convenient, comfortable and clean.

We really appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks again and have a GREAT day!

Albany, Oregon
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful; there is also a little "shop" by the front counter where you can get newspapers, magazines, gum, ice cream etc which is very convenient.
We did the stay, park, and fly. Wow! Shuttle service was prompt and reliable, both coming and going. We will stay here again! The food at the restaurant was also good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear tessOregon,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us including the prompt shuttle service and great food in our Lakeside Bar and Grill!

Come and see us again soon~