“Top Notch Staff”

Ranked #14 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Broomfield, Colorado
“Top Notch Staff”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on June 9, 2012. Our room was a king suite, with a comfortable fold out sofa bed. The room was very clean, and quiet.
The front desk staff, Kyle and Jake, are very customer service oriented. Our shuttle driver, Brian, was courteous and prompt.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Hmsbat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Portland Airport. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Kyle, Jake and Brian, and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Korean first
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This place was nice and clean. It seemed new. It is in an office park. Get directions before you arrive (or use a smartphone/GPS); the people at the rental counter gave us bad directions. For a nice cheap breakfast, walk around the corner to the Airport Cafe.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Flossdaily8111,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit with us and your kind words.

While the hotel itself is not new, we have recently undergone a property wide renovation involving the lobby and all guest rooms so it feels new!

We hope you will come and see us again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel was the cookie cutter type, elongated room with sinks outside bathroom, fine it was clean (hole in screen in window). There was a guest laundry, one for the entire hotel. The dryer was almost not working and it took forever to dry our clothes (possibly a problem with the venting of the dryer). The Express Continental breakfast should actually be called "free coffee in lobby" because aside from the coffee, some apples, granola bars, and free water there was no breakfast. The rate was decent but you probably can do better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear BobK729,

Thank you for taking time to evaulate your recent visit to our hotel. I have addressed the guest dryer and window screen issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We actually have several breakfast options - the complimentary breakfast in the lobby is our "Grab and Go" which includes, energy bars, whole fruit, coffee, tea and bottled water. The "Express Continental" is a breakfast buffet in the Lakeside Bar and Grill. The buttet includes house made granola, greek yogurt, waffles, eggs, breakfast potatos, oatmeal, whole fruit, mixed fruit, breakfast pastries, juices, milk, coffee and tea.

We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Euless, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is not my first stay at this Radisson. Our first stay was in 2010 when our son was on his way to college at Reed. The Radisson is clean, quiet, and has easy access to downtown Portland and the airport. That being said, I was early getting there (my son and I had driven his car up from Texas) and when I arrived, the desk staff was very accommadating with letting me check in a little early. I had called ahead with a request for a double instead of a single, and it was quickly addressed. They have an onsite restaurant and bar if you choose to utilize it. There is a wonderful coffee machine at the front desk (french press) to use at your leisure. I was in need of getting to the airport early on a Sunday morning and they were able to accommadate this. The 24 hour shuttle was wonderful. A short 10 minute drive by shuttle to the airport was wonderful. I have also rented a car in the past and being so close to the airport is also wonderful when returning one before a flight. Price was right with AAA. I have utilized the Radisson site and have been able to get good rates. Compared to other hotels and rates in the Portland area, this is a good deal. If you need to get a few items there is a nice shopping area just East of the airport at Cascade Station. So easy to get to from the hote.

Room Tip: I have had rooms on the fourth floor and on the first floor. I have been on both the North side (lak...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam A
Dear Pam A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us!

I am pleased that you found hotel to be convenient and our staff to be welcoming and helpful in accomodating your shuttle arrangements!

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

No complaints about the rate … good value for the money.

I purchased the room on Hotwire for $59 + tax. And while the room looks good when you enter, upon closer inspection you begin to notice little things. Like a disgusting stain on a chair. And a broken bedside lamp. And a missing drawer pull. I expect a certain level of quality when I walk into a Radisson, and this place fell short. It is still miles above the Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, though.

Check-in was friendly, but I despise when front-desk clerks point out I bought the room through Hotwire. Poor form!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear ILiveForTheNorthwest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory details you encountered in your guest room. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Thank you again for the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had a very nice stay there. Got in late as our plane was late into Portland, but the shuttle came out and picked us up. Quick and easy check in. Nice room, comfortable sleep number bed. My only complaint is that there was no ice dispenser on our third floor. I wandered the hotel at 1:00 a.m. on each floor until the first floor, where the front desk told me it was on the first floor on the opposite end of where our room was located. It would have been helpful if there was information in the room about where the ice machine was located so a person doesn't have to search. The restaurant's food was good and the staff in general were very nice. Personable shuttle driver made the drive back to the airport enjoyable. Didn't get to stay very long, just an overnight stopover so didn't get to look at or enjoy any amenities that may have been offered.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Speters_66,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your visit to our hotel.

I apologize that you had trouble finding an ice machine. Based on your feedback we will be doing a better job of informing guests of the locations of the ice machines.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your brief time with us and hope that your next visit will be longer!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our 4 night stay was very peaceful and the business upgrade to the 4th floor made it very nice also. The only negative was the first nite on a empty floor they put late noisy arrivals right accross from us and for 2 hours from 9pm-11pm we listened to coughing, door banging and kids running the halls. They were only there one nite so the rest of the time was quiet.
Would have been nice for the front dest to think about spreading people out when you have an open floor.
The restaurant and all of the staff were a very nice suprise. Food was delicious and the staff were incredible nice and professional. Nice shuttle and drivers to the airport to catch the train into town.
We would have no problem staying there again if we're in Portland.

Room Tip: The business upgrade was well worth the $11.00 a nite. Bigger room and quiet 4th floor with card ac...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RH,

Thanks so much for your comments about your recent stay with us!

I am pleased that you enjoyed our great staff, shuttle service, secure 4th floor and the Lakeside Bar and Grill.

We know you have a choice and we appreciate you choosing us when staying at the Portland Airport!

Thanks again for the great feedback.