“Best airport hotel”

Ranked #15 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Crescent City
“Best airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

We used to stay at the Ramada Airport, but after one night at the Radisson, we switched allegience immediately! Efficient check in, Lindbergh level rooms, cookies and coffee, newly decorated and attractive. The only negative is the Sleep number beds, don't operate...at all. We usually arrive at the hotel late, but we thoroughly enjoy the drinks and appetizers, which for us constitute a delicious meal. And breakfast has so many delicious choices, including healthful ones, it's not to be missed if possible.

Vanessa, the restaurant supervisor is a treasure! Her personality and smile are enough to make a person want to come back again and again. She welcomes everyone and truly makes a stay so pleasurable

We also appreciate the park and fly aspect and use it consistently. I can't praise this establishment enough!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Kamikaze316,

Thank you so much for the great review about your experience staying on our Lindbergh Level! This secure "Fourth Floor" package is very popular with our guests since it includes upgraded amenities and 2 adult beverages and appetizer in our Lakeside Bar and Grill, plus our delicious breakfast buffet the next morning!

I do apologize for the frustration you experienced with your sleep number bed and want to let you know that we also have guest rooms with Simmons luxury (non-sleep number) beds available!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Becky Fields

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here because we had an early flight out from PDX and needed parking for 8 days (most hotels offer 7 days of parking with exorbitant extra-day fees; at the Radisson you get 14 days at a rate comparable to the 7-day hotels). Upon arrival, the staff was great -- find reservation, share ID and credit card, do you need a wake-up call? what time? what time do you need the shuttle to the airport? -- all taken care of with friendliness and brisk efficiency. Room was terrific too. Nice comfy armchair, small fridge, big queen sleep-number bed. My one prior experience with the sleep-number was less than satisfactory; this one was quite comfortable, remote control and all. Wake-up call came right on schedule. Good, not great, shower with pleasant (not overwhelming) aroma to soap & toiletries. We were leaving too early for a real breakfast, but the hotel had a nice breakfast bar/fruit/coffee/tea all-for-free buffet laid out in the lobby for us early birds. The shuttles were right on time; no delay in getting to the airport. All in all, a very enjoyable stay. Plus ... I had made the reservation on the sleepparkfly website because the price quoted on the hotel website was much higher. When we got the bill (already under the door when we awoke at 3:30 a.m.), we had been charged LESS than the sleepparkfly quote. What a pleasant surprise, and what a pleasant stay. This is a good choice for PDX.

Dear Anon5471,

Thank you for taking time to write such great detailed feedback! We definitely appreciate it!
I am pleased that our Stay, Park and Fly package was convenient for you and that our price was lower than anticipated!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you need to Stay, Park and Fly!

Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I love staying here when I fly out early from PDX. The beds are wonderful, it is close to the airport with shuttle services and the rooms are immaculate. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bunnylewis
Dear Bunnylewis,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel! You summed up some of our best features - Comfortable, Convenient and always Clean!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Olympia,WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was very clean and the staff was friendly. Airport shuttle on time and over all was a great and reasonable place to stay. They even have sleep number beds!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Olympiabear,

Thanks so much for taking time to review your experience at our hotel! I am pleased that you found us to be a very clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay!

We know you have a choice and we very much appreciate you choosing us when staying in Portland!!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

First time staying here. My husband and I flew out to Nevada for Portland airport. We have never stayed at the Radisson Hotel. We arrived and we were treated like royalty. Every employee that we had contact with was pleasant and helpful. They all treated us like long lost family. I reccomend the Radisson Hotel to anyone needing to fly out of PDX. Very clean. mocrowave,coffee pot and refrigerator. Nice eatery with happy hour. Food was fresh and warm. Tasted good too. They have a 5.00 menu for happy hour. Again, I would highly reccomend the Radisson. Felt like a resort also. Thank you Radisson. Also, with having an auto immune disease, the beds were wonderful. Did not hurt when I woke up like I have in other motels

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Paula J W,

I am so pleased that your first experience staying at a Radisson was with us!! It's so nice to hear that our staff took great care of you and treated you "royally"!

Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends - that's the best compliment ever!

We hope to see you back again with us very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Amazing Kind friendly staff .i needed get few things done and they didn't have to do it but they went out of their way WOW I shall remember such kindness for ever . Job Well Done

• Stayed February 2012
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Frankzandi,

Thanks for taking time to share your kind comments about the helpfulness of our staff. We love "wowing" our guests with great service!

We hope you visit us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

About two weeks ago, I stayed at another lodging chain, so when I made this reservation, I made sure to do the research. I stayed here for 4 nights, and the nice thing about Portland is the proximity of the airport to downtown. Additionally I wasn't sure if I was going to rent a car and wanted to try the feasibility of mass transit via light rail and bus, so the complementary shuttle made it an easy choice and now a sound one for my needs as I am preparing to check out. PROS: The shuttle, Cascade Station shopping and dining complex, LARGE rooms My regular room has a business area with desk, scotch tape and staple, plus plenty of outlets; free business center and free remote printing from your laptop in the room to their laser printer, and the 42" Plasma when you need to chill in your room with the actual LG remote not a hotel-designed confusing one. PROS +: The service--A to A+ service from nearly everyone, with the worst being a B- (slightly above average and this was from one person only). Only one interaction could have been a bad day and I hadn't had my coffee. The other nice thing is the surprises I wasn't aware of: cookies in the evening, free WSJ, and local Oregonian, plus the obligatory USAT. The restaurant was reasonable with healthy selections that didn't seem like your typical restaurant/lounge offerings, but this is Portland so I would hope so. But there is a fridge and microwave in the room. They give you one bottle of spring H2O, but just ask and they happily gave me another 3 at no charge! Thanks Radisson, I will keep you in mind. You set the bar mid-priced 3-star hotels. Plus room recently renovated, hence the 42" plasma I imagine. If you aren't a Club Carlson (Radisson FT) member, I suggest you join. You probably will be back if you travel to PDX again.

Room Tip: Check out Business Class, but only if you are into that sort of thing, because the regular room had...