“Small beets for the big hours”
Review of Burnside Brewing Company - CLOSED

Burnside Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Late night cap after a show at Third Rail Theater. We both had 12oz pours. She had the barley wine and I the red. It was toasty warm in the bar with reggae music playing softly.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed December 28, 2016

Went later in the evening for the beer, wish I had gone a little hungrier as the food was surprisingly good. Funky atmosphere (in a good way). Edgy but not intimidating. Will go again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

My family and I stopped In today for the first time. They have a Sunday brunch menu and boy oh boy was it fantastic. I ordered the "Hot Brown" smoked turkey, and pork belly smothered in a gravy over bread. The flavors smack you in the face. My son ordered the French toast to which mounded the plate and my 8 yr old ate every last bite. My wife ordered the hamburger which was seasoned perfect and the red onions were marinated in a vinegar of sorts that really made them pop. We also ordered a cup of the Tomato bisque and almost licked the bowls. I picked out two of their beers a brown and a stout to which were also amazing. We couldn't have been happier with our visit today and will make Burnside Brewing a regular spot for us.

1  Thank Lo1dakota
Reviewed December 17, 2016

Visited this establishment at 11:30 in the morning and you could already tell that this is a place cherished by locals. We tried a sampler of 8 of their two dozen beers, but did not eat as we were on a tight schedule. Sitting at the bar, you could observe the most intensely professional chief I have seen in a long time. Short order or not, this guy was serious about preparing the best food available. Portland takes pride in craftsmanship!! Bartender was very friendly, explained the drinking options and took a personal interest in our day. Nice place that does Portland proud!

Reviewed December 15, 2016

They have a great beer list and also some cocktails and wine too. My girlfriend loved their beers. I stuck to red wine, but enjoyed that. We were there for happy hour and the prices were still a bit pricey, so I'm not sure what it would be like during normal hours. They had some appetizers available for happy hour too, which we didn't have, but looking at them on other tables, they did look pretty appetizing! All and all, worth it if you are in the neighborhood, but not worth going out of the way for.