“Just fantastic ”
Review of Burnside Brewing Company - CLOSED

Burnside Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

My family and I stopped In today for the first time. They have a Sunday brunch menu and boy oh boy was it fantastic. I ordered the "Hot Brown" smoked turkey, and pork belly smothered in a gravy over bread. The flavors smack you in the face. My son ordered the French toast to which mounded the plate and my 8 yr old ate every last bite. My wife ordered the hamburger which was seasoned perfect and the red onions were marinated in a vinegar of sorts that really made them pop. We also ordered a cup of the Tomato bisque and almost licked the bowls. I picked out two of their beers a brown and a stout to which were also amazing. We couldn't have been happier with our visit today and will make Burnside Brewing a regular spot for us.

1  Thank Lo1dakota

Reviewed December 17, 2016

Visited this establishment at 11:30 in the morning and you could already tell that this is a place cherished by locals. We tried a sampler of 8 of their two dozen beers, but did not eat as we were on a tight schedule. Sitting at the bar, you could observe the most intensely professional chief I have seen in a long time. Short order or not, this guy was serious about preparing the best food available. Portland takes pride in craftsmanship!! Bartender was very friendly, explained the drinking options and took a personal interest in our day. Nice place that does Portland proud!

Reviewed December 15, 2016

They have a great beer list and also some cocktails and wine too. My girlfriend loved their beers. I stuck to red wine, but enjoyed that. We were there for happy hour and the prices were still a bit pricey, so I'm not sure what it would be like during normal hours. They had some appetizers available for happy hour too, which we didn't have, but looking at them on other tables, they did look pretty appetizing! All and all, worth it if you are in the neighborhood, but not worth going out of the way for.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

We stopped by this restaurant after attempting to eat at a place down the street that was too booked. So glad we did, because we really enjoyed the food and selection of unique beers. The portions were big (more than we could finish) and the beer was delicious. They had just decorated for Xmas so it a was cheery and cozy.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

Tried this place out on our abbreviated PDX brew tour. The warehouse type space has plenty of booths and space for large groups. The service was a bit awkward, seemed resentful when we asked for tastes and only warmed up when she brought our check. Not a whole lot of flexibility on the flight and if I recall, it was $12 for 4. Lastly, the beer was good but not spectacular.

On a side note, I didn't much care for their logo- but that's more of a marketing failure.

Date of visit: November 2016