“You'd be ok to skip this one”
Review of Burnside Brewing Company - CLOSED

Burnside Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

Tried this place out on our abbreviated PDX brew tour. The warehouse type space has plenty of booths and space for large groups. The service was a bit awkward, seemed resentful when we asked for tastes and only warmed up when she brought our check. Not a whole lot of flexibility on the flight and if I recall, it was $12 for 4. Lastly, the beer was good but not spectacular.

On a side note, I didn't much care for their logo- but that's more of a marketing failure.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed November 6, 2016

We always stay in a hotel nearby Burnside Brewing Company and make sure we eat at least one meal on our trip here. We love their beer, our favorite is the Thundarr the Bavarian brew. This is NOT your typical Pub food, so consider yourself warned. The food on their menu includes things like "marrow butter" and pimento cheese. We both had the steak frites this last visit and it was one of the best tasting and well cooked steaks I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The "frites" or fries were fresh and house made and excellent. We have eaten the chicken dinner as well as the pork dinner many times here and everything is well made, well thought out and excellent tasting. Service has always been prompt, friendly and helpful. There is good parking and outside seating in nice weather. LOVE this place!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 5, 2016

Nice! We had dinner here twice. Good burgers and good selection of beers. It's not fancy, but very nice.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 4, 2016

Maybe it's all of the world class beers in Oregon that spoiled my experience here, but I must say it is the only brewery that I went to that I did not order a pint after having a taste of their IPA's. The appetizer we had was amazing.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2016

Stopped here my last night in Portland, OR. I told the barmaid what type of beer I liked and she produced three samples for me to chose. The beer was good and there are many to chose from. There are several flat panel TVs at the bar. I ordered a burger which was very good; however the fries served could have been a little better. All in all, I would recommend this place for a quick beer and buger.

Date of visit: August 2016