“We love this place!”

Burnside Brewing Company
Ranked #168 of 4,594 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Reviewed November 6, 2016

We always stay in a hotel nearby Burnside Brewing Company and make sure we eat at least one meal on our trip here. We love their beer, our favorite is the Thundarr the Bavarian brew. This is NOT your typical Pub food, so consider yourself warned. The food on their menu includes things like "marrow butter" and pimento cheese. We both had the steak frites this last visit and it was one of the best tasting and well cooked steaks I have had in a restaurant in a long time. The "frites" or fries were fresh and house made and excellent. We have eaten the chicken dinner as well as the pork dinner many times here and everything is well made, well thought out and excellent tasting. Service has always been prompt, friendly and helpful. There is good parking and outside seating in nice weather. LOVE this place!

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Nice! We had dinner here twice. Good burgers and good selection of beers. It's not fancy, but very nice.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

Maybe it's all of the world class beers in Oregon that spoiled my experience here, but I must say it is the only brewery that I went to that I did not order a pint after having a taste of their IPA's. The appetizer we had was amazing.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Stopped here my last night in Portland, OR. I told the barmaid what type of beer I liked and she produced three samples for me to chose. The beer was good and there are many to chose from. There are several flat panel TVs at the bar. I ordered a burger which was very good; however the fries served could have been a little better. All in all, I would recommend this place for a quick beer and buger.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in early to avoid the crowd. The beer is good with a variety of styles well represented and while the brunch menu is somewhat limited it offered enough variety to make a tough decision among several items.