“French Bistro Par Excellence”
Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 4,560 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I returned to Portland for business and quickly made a return reservation at Little Bird for dinner. I seek out French Bistro style establishments and wanted to make sure my previous delightful discovery was valid. Indeed, this restaurant did not disappoint. The service was attentive, the bartender trained on a proper cocktail, extensive wine list, and mouth watering French dishes. My party of five could not stop with their enthusiasm for the food choices they were enjoying. The duck cassoulet, rabbit confit, sheep cheese gnocchi, and the trout were some of the favorites. Very fun, absolutely delicious, and very busy spot. Highly recommend a reservation.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The cassoulet and fish were great, the charcuterie plate was interesting, and the french fries were amazing.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My colleague and I were in town for a conference and this place was at the top of our list to try. Lucky for us, it didn't disappoint! We tried several times to get in for dinner, but it was very crowded. I recommend lunch time; the food was slightly less expensive but still amazing (and no lines). For lunch we had the cod gnocchi with clams, pesto and olives and the chickpea crepes. It was all absolutely incredible and cooked to perfection. The la vie en rose cocktail should also not be missed! While it was pricier than we intended to spend on lunch, we certainly got what we paid for. Definitely check this place out for lunch if you're in Portland!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

As one of several meals consumed during a wonderful week in Portland, our dinner at Little Bird faced stiff competition. The food and service rose to the occasion. You should know that the charcuterie is prepared in-house, so the pate and the cassoulet feature meats that are especially flavorful. I learned about cassoulet from an old Julia Child cookbook and was so intimidated by the preparation that I never actually made it myself. This restaurant takes the French tradition very seriously, so the wonderful bean melange is seasoned with fresh herbs and studded with sausage and chunks of beef and pork prepared by hand, onsite. It was a lovely meal. Our server was so good at her job. I think she knows everything about French food and about Portland.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was my second time at Little Bird and the only disappointment was a menu change. On my last visit I enjoyed one of the best mussell dished ever but they no longer serve them. But no big deal - everythin was still delicious. Enjoyed some very nice local oysters, a really good tourine and some other nice small plates. I recommend that you give Little Bird a try when in Portand.