“Little Bird = Big Taste”
Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 4,341 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
Mercer Island, Washington
“Little Bird = Big Taste”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This was a quaint little bistro with a very attentive bartender who mixed up some interesting twists on well known cocktails like the aviator.

The food was delicious and definitely my favorite meal during my first visit to Portland.

To be revisited for sure!

Cowichan Valley, B.C.
“Quite superior”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Perfect evening - cool, dark, rainy. Great menu with fresh and (in some cases) novel pairings. Excellent service - wonderful sommelier who either knew just about everything on their list or talked a good spiel (she convinced us). Trendy & smallish = louder than we'd prefer (I think there were additional areas where it could have been better). We had a reservation but made about an hour before arrival - later is busier apparently. Prep kitchen is visible from the street which adds to one's anticipation. Definitely worth repeat visits.

• Visited April 2013
Sammamish, Washington
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Was looking forward to eating here based on the reviews. The food was not up to par. The bone marrow contained little to no marrow. It in no way looked like the picture someone posted on Google. For $18.00, you should get more than the tip of a knife covered with the marrow. The chicken for two was not cooked through. The white meat was OK, but the center was not cooked properly. The service was poor and the server was disinterested. After she brought the entrée, she did not return to ask how dinner was until we were done eating. Overall, it was a very poor experience.

• Visited March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“upscale food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

What a great dining experience! My daughter and I were in Portland for a spring break trip, and when we read other reviews about Little Bird, we were concerned that we had not brought any "nice" clothes for our visit. No need to worry--our meal was first-class, but the atmosphere was anything but stuffy. In addition to terrific food, the wait-staff was top notch. Attentive but not weird. We went to several restaurants during our visit, and this one would be on the top of our list for any return visit to Portland. Delish!

Visited March 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Little Bird, Big Mistake”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

It may seem hard to believe that with all these stellar reviews I had a very bad experience indeed. Sadly, I had high hopes. I ordered from the Portland Dining month special and didn't enjoy much. The starter of gnocchi was very good, but the bar service where I was sitting, was very unprofessional and absent minded. Although this is a "bistro" the constant throwing of the bussed plates was nerve wracking and not appropriate for the high price of meals there. My second course was the chicken fried trout and i had to sort through it for bones with my fingers and the over sauced, overly complicated arrangements of vegetables and heavy aioli (?) was so overwhelming for the trout that all you tasted was fried breading and sauce. It was hardly better than the coasts fish and chips offerings, even though they were going for so much more...lastly, the waiter served me the wrong dessert for the prix fix menu but said happy birthday and told me he was certain it was for me when i was surprised. My birthday had been a week before so I thought could they really know this? He then realized he had made an error but I further added, I'd love it, favoring this dessert over the other...but he grabbed it away seconds before i was going to taste it! I said, I'd really like to have the dessert you just presented to me, but then he told me if i wanted it I'd need to pay an up charge for it...the incompetence of the error combined with his removal of this from right in front of me was a first in a restaurant of this "caliber." I've never experienced such an unprofessional character in a waiter/manager and I'm surprised that in a town of such excellent service providers, this attitude, and this outcome was the best they could provide.

• Visited March 2014