“just delicious”
Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 4,562 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Saturday night , fantastic service and food that rivals the greats in San Francisco. Plus, my group had 3 little ones with us. Yes, we were a little crazy but I think its actually important to expose kids to fine dining every now and then so they know what is expected of them in those situations. What really made this experience fabulous was how warm the staff was even with a baby in tow. When you couple great food with great people its bound to be a wonderful experience.

1  Thank NessieWell

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I believe this was a converted storefront at one time, from days gone by.
Dress is smart & casual in a restaurant with a small intimate bar.
From the sidewalk, you are able to view the Kitchen. Kitchen staff are young, competent and produces winning food.

The food quality and desserts made up for this lack of service.

Cotes de Thongue, Domaine Montrose Rose – light and tangy

Grilled Pork Chop with poached pears and hazelnut-parsnip puree
The grilled pork – work of art and it tasted like pork loin with the bone – soft, tender and juicy.
Pan Roasted Duck Breast, pommes aligot, fontina, duck egg, apples

Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
Pear Baba with raspberry sauce – soft, succulent, lite. The perfect way to end a meal.

1  Thank Flounder B
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Little Bird does not have the edginess and experimentation of flavors and textures of Le Pigeon. It's a French bistro and its very well done. I had the French Onion Soup to begin. It was prepared just right. The delicate sweetness of the onions was not overpowered by either the hint of cheese or the broth. My wife had the moules frites, mussels and fries, and it was done perfectly. I had the cassoulet with white beans, vegetables, duck leg, sausage and pork belly. Huge portion. My wife had the skate over a sea food bouillabaisse. Both were excellent. Our service was impeccable. Dutiful but not fawning. My wife had a glass of Bourgogne Blanc which went with her meal and it was reasonable priced. Little Bird is a celebration of food. It's a small restaurant and you will be seated close to another party. So, it might not be the place for a romantic get away, but if you want great food reasonably priced Little Bird may be for you.

1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I usually pay lot of attention to the wine list and the "actual" availability of what listed in. this is one of the key indicators of the professionalism of the owner and the staff. My experience at Little Bird Bistro has been very poor from this point of view. And it was the second time they disappointed me so much. They tried to sell me more expensive options for every wine I choose which was unfortunately "temporarily not available". "we just finished it today" the waiter says every time. K'mon let's be serious!
the food is nothing memorable: a strong mix of over-tasty ingredients killing each other and killing the final result, of course. To define the service "slow" would it be a compliment.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were sent to this restaurant by our hotel concierge (The Heathman). The food was good, but we will never return. This was among the noisiest, most unpleasant restaurants I have experienced. I was not more than 12 inches from my neighbor on the right, who was shouting at his table mate in order to be heard. My table mate, my wife, was about 3 feet away; we could not have a conversation. If this had been a job site, OSHA would have shut it down for noise violations.
Perhaps as bad, when we complained to the manager, Mr. Neely, his response was at best indifferent and even rude. He did not give a damn about us or our experience. Our server, on the other hand, was sympathetic and told us that many diners have the same problem.
Diners, there are so many great chefs and restaurants that are sincerely trying to create a good dining experience, including food, ambiance, and service. This is not one of these.