“Miss this at your peril”
Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Truly historic suffle, snail tortellini,hanger steak and quail.
Busy,busy place with great atmosphere and friendly staff.
Interesting wine list with a biase on French vines.

There are newer reviews for Little Bird Bistro

Reviewed September 21, 2013

A great spot and will be on my Top 10 places to eat list. The country fried trout was outstanding. Great ambiance and service. Their Foie Gras was the best I have every tried. The only problem - I had no room for dessert. When I return I will not make that mistake again...

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is my all time favorite place in Portland when I come to visit, romantic and intimate atmosphere, great food, always satisfied when I am eating by myself or entertaining guest...

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Little Bird bistro on 6th st. in Portland was a memorable experience for us. We tried to walk in one evening while in town and the wait was too long. And that was on a weeknight! We made reservations for our return from the coast and arrived at 8 o'clock. Our table was ready on the upper level balcony overlooking the diners below. That was fun. The food was perfect. I had the pork chop with pear and parsnip puree with hazelnuts. I recommend it. What stood out , with the exception of the food, was the service. These servers are very well trained and seem to be enjoying their work. No attitude at this French place. I would return again and again if I lived in Portland.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Little Bird seems to have aspirations of being a fine restaurant but misses in key ways. Service is very uneven, with some dishes arriving at the right time, others delivered after a super-long, almost interminable wait. Uncomfortable chairs, many tables that are too close together and paper tablecloths that aren't wiped clean often enough are a few areas in need of improvement. The menu includes some nice touches, like tonight's foie gras with grape and pecan garnish. The clams in a parmesan broth with sliced jalapeno and bacon also seemed to offer great creative possibility, but the combination was too salty and, with so many elements, overproduced. A trout appetizer was tiny in portion size, while the tuna collar was needlessly large (albeit delicious, and the best offering in our meal of five items). Overall, my husband found the food too rich. I felt that, despite personnel all over the place, service was uneven, somehow creating a mildly frantic atmosphere. The restaurant has its heart in the right place; when they forgot to leave out the bacon in one dish, one gentleman apologized by bringing a complimentary cheese plate and the server offered to refill my husband's wine glass (though he was drinking pinot in a generic glass). This place has the chance to get it right and truly stand out, but not just yet.