“A little bit of France in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
“A little bit of France in Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I lucked into getting a table as walk-ins when a reservtion cancelled. (Note to self: next time, make a reservation!) This small and popular restaurant has an attractive and cozy decor, very evocative of the neighborhood bistros I remember from Paris. The food was wonderful - my trout was perfect! Service friendly and attentive without being obnoxious. They give you their in-house macaroons for dessert - although you can order other wonderful selections. Little Bird was recommended to us by a Portland acquaintance. We loved it and will return!

Visited September 2012

New York City, New York
“Utterly charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very inviting, warm place with wonderful food and a very nice, welcoming attitude. Its location is very convenient to all the downtown hotels. We loved the decorations and the overall atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
Paris, France
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went with colleagues for late night dinner. While menu sounds interesting, food was not only uninspired but poorly prepared. Everyone complained of their food. Had fresh oysters (how can you go wrong?) and while they were good, the price was ridiculous for a casual bistro. Would not go again.

Visited November 2012
Kingsburg, California
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Cool little restaurant. very chic, with definite "bistro in a big city" vibe. food and service were excellent.

Visited October 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
“Outstanding Evening of Delicious Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been privileged to eat at several Michelin starred restaurants in the past year and the food we had last night at Little Bird was worthy of being in our top 5 restaurants of all time! Starting with the butter lettuce salad in artichoke dressing and roasted chantrelle mushrooms in bacon and thyme...to the grilled hanger steak with mushrooms and the roast pork with cabbage and apples...it was all worthy of my top rating criteria: I wanted to lick the plates! We nearly didn't have dessert, but the cinnamon creme brulee was the BEST creme brulee I have ever experienced. Then when the bill came, we were treated to the most flavorful grape macaron I have ever tasted. And we just returned from four months living in Paris where the macarons and creme brulee are divine! We were celebrating my birthday and if I could choose any restaurant in Portland for a special occasion in the future, and I would definitely go back to Little Bird again and again!

• Visited October 2012