“Utterly charming”
Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 4,473 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very inviting, warm place with wonderful food and a very nice, welcoming attitude. Its location is very convenient to all the downtown hotels. We loved the decorations and the overall atmosphere.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went with colleagues for late night dinner. While menu sounds interesting, food was not only uninspired but poorly prepared. Everyone complained of their food. Had fresh oysters (how can you go wrong?) and while they were good, the price was ridiculous for a casual bistro. Would not go again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Cool little restaurant. very chic, with definite "bistro in a big city" vibe. food and service were excellent.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been privileged to eat at several Michelin starred restaurants in the past year and the food we had last night at Little Bird was worthy of being in our top 5 restaurants of all time! Starting with the butter lettuce salad in artichoke dressing and roasted chantrelle mushrooms in bacon and thyme...to the grilled hanger steak with mushrooms and the roast pork with cabbage and apples...it was all worthy of my top rating criteria: I wanted to lick the plates! We nearly didn't have dessert, but the cinnamon creme brulee was the BEST creme brulee I have ever experienced. Then when the bill came, we were treated to the most flavorful grape macaron I have ever tasted. And we just returned from four months living in Paris where the macarons and creme brulee are divine! We were celebrating my birthday and if I could choose any restaurant in Portland for a special occasion in the future, and I would definitely go back to Little Bird again and again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently had our son's birthday dinner at little bird bistro on a Sunday night. We made reservations, were promptly seated and had very prompt and attentive service. I like the fact that you can order small plates as well as salads, and entrees. The wine list is quite extensive and has pretty good value too. Everything we ordered was really very tasty and well prepared. As I mentioned the service was attentive without being excessive. This was not our first visit and definitely will not be our last. We had the ribs and it came with a sort of potato, carrot, olive, "salad" with some orange infused honey as a addition to the ribs sauce (i'm guessing at the ingredients). That by itself was worth the trip.