“Delicious, creative dishes!”

Sunshine Tavern
Ranked #696 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Sunshine Tavern is the quintessential Portland tavern: Warm, comfortable, playful and most of all, fun. Come in for a quick bite and a drink, or hang out all night. Enjoy simple, un-fussy tavern comfort food made with high-quality ingredients.
Florida
“Delicious, creative dishes!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was blown away by the menu at Sushine Tavern. All of the dishes are unique and creative. My friend and I each ordered one of their pizzas...I got the asparagus one, and she got the one with the hen egg. Both were ridiculously flavorful. Everything that we saw come out of the kitchen looked delicious. The service was a little bit slow, and it was a tad pricey, but definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013

Bellevue, Washington
“It is about the creative and delicious food!!!! Yum!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a busy and noisy location. A bit hard to hear when you are a twosome out for a nice meal....NOW, hear this! The food and drink we had was very creative and very delicious.

We stared with a Tequila Old Fashion...The best! Light and dark tequila mixed with hints of grapefuit and orange...fresh, bright and worth splitting a second one...Really. Not something do.

We were not very hungry but the cold salad with the hot fries were a delectable treat. The Pate" was just the right touch of flavors and the right amount. It appeared that others were ordering an assortment of young Saturday budget worthy Pizzas, Chicken and etc, But we were wowed by the creative and delicous treats and will definitely be back!

Thanks for such inovative taste treats! Try something different...you will not be sorry!

The place is a little kitchy but I would rather have the money spent on food rather than furniture! Lovely, tasty, and just right!.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Another hit”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Excelant food (on the heavy and rich side). great fried chicken and owners and staff are truly dedicated to food in all it's glory.

Visited April 2012
White Salmon, Washington
“This place needs help”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This modern looking tavern with a pizza oven has no ..."NO'...idea about food and beverage pricing and quality of service....spent $40 bucks on pizza ,french fries and two beer...only to be totally disappointed with burned pizza crust , a sur charge for parmaesan cheese topping and an overcharge for tonic on a tequila beverage..I am convienced the owners will be out of business within 6 months for the obvious reasons...a regular beer pub with a half decent pizza would kick their butts...so goes it...I paid my bill...and will obviously not return...even my yuppy son took me there....yes I paid the bill....MGWJ III.....oh by the way...the $7 charge for a side order of fries is just plain "stupid"...end of conversation.....

• Visited June 2012
Walla Walla, Washington
“Yummy but a busy place...”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We lucked out and got a parking spot right in front. They do have a small parking lot in the back.

We were quickly seated at a tall table. Be aware that if you don't like sharing a table with others this might not be the right place for you during a busy time of day. They also have video games, which stayed busy and a shuffleboard table, which also stayed busy.

We ordered and shared 3 appetizers. We agreed that everything seemed a bit salty, but our water glasses were kept full so that was OK. My friend had a shandy. I enjoyed the fries with sausage gravy and cheese the best.

• Visited October 2011