“4.5 - Very nice French bistro with a flair”
Review of Cocotte - CLOSED

Cocotte
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 30th Ave
Transit: TriMet Bus 72, 30th & Killingsworth
Description: Cocotte Bar & Bistro offers delicious seasonal offerings inspired by classic French cuisine, a carefully selected French/Oregon wine list, local and imported beers, and a handcrafted classic cocktail list. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, sophisticated and cozy. Cocotte is your go-to spot for a special occasion, or everyday food and drinks.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Charming space; since it was a warm night, they had front door and louvered windows open, so the restaurant was nice and airy. Interesting menu, French bistro food with a bit of a twist, although a little limited in choices. Started with the rillette, as good as anything I've eaten in France. Entree was the evening's special, seared tuna on flageolet beans with greens - I cleaned the plate. Wife tried the salmon on crispy polenta, also very good. Service was efficient and friendly, and meal was paced very well. Only complaint was dessert - choices did not seem appealing, too complicated with strange-sounding combinations (e.g., chocolate cake with chicken-fat fried popcorn). Will definitely return - want to try the boudin blanc burger, and server says they have cassoulet in the fall!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

While looking for a restaurant near the airport (hard to find good ones) I came across a write up about Cocotte. Went online, read the menu and booked a reservation. Boy am I glad I did! On a warm spring night they had the french doors open, we were seated at a table by the open air and proceeded to have a great dining experience. Small, casual, just nice enough with great service. Busy even on Thursday night. My husband had the Cocotte Bouillabaisse and I splurged on the Boudin Blanc Burger. Both meals were fabulous! We will be looking for another reason to visit NE Portland and Cocotte in the near future.

1  Thank Kimmer0722
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well, our server was really nice too! But the food was disappointing, to the point of awful. Charcuterie plate was a joke for $14, a pickled egg w veggies, a dollop of rillette and a small piece of pate. We really thought they left off items but that was it. My duck and DH pork were both overcooked and when we shared that with the server she just pleasantly shrugged. Maybe we had the rare poor experience but I would proceed with caution if you go here. For the price there are so many better, proven places in town and even in NE.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner there with friends. We liked it so much that we sent others there. They were as pleased as us. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were in the area so thought we might give this little French restaurant a try. So glad we did! Everything we ordered was amazing, and the atmosphere cozy on a cold wet night. Happy Hour ALL DAY on Sunday. Order the mussles, you won't be disappointed.