“A Tasty Bit of Heaven...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 77 Bakeries in Portland
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: excellent sandwiches, and pastries that make you see unicorns
“A Tasty Bit of Heaven...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pearl Bakery is so delicious that I had to return for three days in a row. I just had to be sure it wasn't a fluke. I highly recommend their pumpkin bread, cinnamon crown or bear claw. Just make sure you pair it with a latte to complete the goodness. The staff was friendly and helpful and I truly don't think you can make a bad choice.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank J G

Granada Hills, CA
“What's with the fuss about this place?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very friendly staff, nice bakery in a convenient location. But that's about it. Selection of breakfast items was very limited. I ordered the Cinnamon bun which I had read so much about on TA but was left dissapointed. Dry and bland.

Also tried the cornmeal bread and if it wasn't for the jam I poured on, it was dry as plywood.

Maybe I didn't order the right things but I was left very dissappointed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank joidevivre
Ames, Iowa
“Cute Bakery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This bakery has a classy, urban atmosphere. I got a soy chai, a brownie, and a roll (for later). All were great. I stopped here on the way to Powell's books.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Grab a latte and enjoy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Best latte's in Portland in my humble opinion! The bakery fair is excellent as well. There seems to always be a line no matter what time you get there so the secret is out.

Visited September 2012
Harwinton, Connecticut
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If we'd stayed in downtown Portland during our recent trip to Oregon, we would have started every day at the Pearl Bakery. Fortunately, we visited on the second day of our week-long stay (during a food tour on which we sampled two breads and three pastries) and we made a point of going again. If you've ever had a dry and flavorless imitation of what a croissant should be, get yourself to the Pearl to sample one that is moist-yet-flaky and butter-perfect. Or treat yourself to something you may never have heard of: a gibassier. This is a soft-as-a-cloud French pastry delicately spiced with anise and candied orange peel. It is not something you'll commonly find in the U.S. (and might not know to seek out in a patisserie in France), so here's your chance!

Visited September 2012