“Cute place for coffee and dessert”
Review of Pearl Bakery

Pearl Bakery
Ranked #6 of 68 Bakeries in Portland
Description: excellent sandwiches, and pastries that make you see unicorns
Description: excellent sandwiches, and pastries that make you see unicorns
Los Angeles, CA
“Cute place for coffee and dessert”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Really cute bakery!! Had the almond cake and raspberry macaron. The almond cake had good flavor and texture. Everything else there looked good too. Cutely decorated and just a great place to relax if in the Pearl district.

Visited September 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Pricey, but good quality for the most part.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The breads are the main reason I come to the Pearl. They are consistently in my top 3 bakeries, behing Grand Central & Ken Forkish's bakery on the NW side. St. Honore is another strong competitor. Try the Pugliese, a HUGE loaf that's chewy and has great crumb, while crunchy on the outside. They make a mean levain baguette too!

Visited June 2012
Central California
“Didn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I visited the bakery one early Saturday morning and had to walk through a bit of a sketchy area to get there. That doesn't bother me if the place is well worth it. The pastries all sound lovely and the almond apple bear claw I had was tasty. My only complaint is they aren't warm nor fresh out of the oven which isn't as appetizing in the morning. If the bakery could warm up the pastries I would have given them another star.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank tocknhands
Kalispell, Montana
“Maybe it was an off day?”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was very excited to try the goods at this bakery after reading all of the wonderful reviews while visiting Portland. I don't know if I hyped it up too much in my mind, or if they were having an off day, but the selection was kind of weak and the baked goods I tried were no better than average. I had a peanut butter cookie, a coconut macaroon, a lemon-white chocolate sahortbread cookie and a mocha macroon. They were all fine, just not great. The cashier also shortchanged me $10.

• Visited August 2012
Palm Springs, California
“By Far one of the Best”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

When a molasses cookie tastes better than my hometown Bake Sale Bettys in Oakland..that says a lot. The bakery products here are first rate and in a food town like Portland, that says a lot. It's my favorite bakery in the city.

• Visited August 2012