“BEST Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tasty n Sons

Tasty n Sons
Ranked #11 of 4,249 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mississippi neighborhood. 503-621-1400
North, Idaho
“BEST Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband, 14 year old son and I went to Tasty N Sons as our "second choice". (We had wanted to go to another restaurant but couldn't get reservations). We are SO glad we were forced to end up here! Every single item, yes, every one of them, were spot on delicious! We had been to the main restaurant Toro Bravo and I was not impressed, Tasty N Sons surpassed the Toro Bravo by leaps and bounds. The meal is served "family style" meaning they come one by one for everyone at the table to share a little of. (Not each person getting a plate set in front of them to eat at the same time)

We ordered the steak tartar, Josh and Steve meat and cheese plate, shrimp and grits, Steak frites (best steak I've ever had!), grilled octopus and rum cake. The portions were perfect size for three people, but we should have ordered one plate less. It would have been plenty to order on small plate, one large plate and one dessert for two people. We will be back!

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Incredible breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

So delicious! I'd recommend the breakfast board (whatever they're serving), the breakfast bowl (pork n' eggs YUM) and they're delicious coffee! Super friendly waiters and very comfortable communal tables. Definitely going back!

Portland OR
“Awesome Brunch Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Two words - Potatos Bravas - simple, but fantastic breakfast dish. And although I'm no biscuit expert, the one I had here was probably the best I've ever had. Good coffee, good service, and a nice atmosphere make it great spot.

Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Very Portland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

If your looking for a solid Portland brunch spot this is the place to go. There is usually a long wait during the weekends and sometimes but I highly recommend it. I had the Potatoes Bravas and the french toast and it was tasty!!! I would take my kids or girlfriend in the near future. I had a great brunch with some business associates along with some work friends. The place has a unique environment that is welcoming of any party!

• Visited October 2013
Irvine, California
“Yes, we waited 3 hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This place is a must for brunch when you are in Portland. We waited almost 3 hours and there was point at the 2.5 hour mark when we were about to lose 2 of the 5 in our party. We stood our ground and I have to say it was worth it. The biscuits and blueberries were awesome so what the Shashuka, roasted yams with maple cumin glaze and the list goes on and on.

Visited February 2014