“Great food, long wait”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mississippi neighborhood. 503-621-1400
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had New Year's Day brunch here. The wait was a bit over an hour, which was a bit longer than what they told us when we checked in. But we were able to run a couple of errands since they had our phone number to call when the table was ready.

It was lunch time by the time we sat down. We started with a chocolate donut and bacon wrapped date, both were amazing! For entrees, my husband had the burger which was pretty amazing according to him. I had the Burmese Red Stew with rice. It was delicious and reminded me of a Filipino dish. I may rate the meal as more spectacular if it wasn't already so familiar to me. I expected something more exotic based on the reviews. But overall, the food was delicious.

Service was good and food came out fast.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

In two years of breakfast trips have never had anything but Great food. If you are in Portland it would be a shame to miss. Service is as good as the food if that is possible!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Burmese red pork stew is amazing! Wide variety of foods all very fresh. From Asian themed foods to biscuits and gravy. All excellent.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

After waiting so long to try Tasty N Sons, it definitely did not disappoint. The longish line formed outside before they opened was our first clue! The gal who seated us was great, and there was a happy feeling among the stampede of guests, even those left waiting for seats!

We started with the mini sweet scones with blueberry compote and whipped cream. Ah, such foreplay! Moving on, we sampled family style the Polenta & Sausage Ragu with mozzarella & Fried Egg (savory sex), the French Toast w/ Pear Maple syrup & whipped cream (sweet sex), the Cheddar Biscuit with Sausage and Fried Egg (cheesy sex), the the Baby Biscuits with Venison Gravy (cinnamon/bay leaf infused gravy sex)! There's no place like Tasty N Sons!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was our first time here. We arrived at 530pm just when the dinner menu started. Good thing we did because at 6pm the place was full. We had to leave in about an hour for a play so I told the family to pick their food right away. We did not know that it was family style with a twist. They bring each item when it is ready in the kitchen. For example my husbands chicken and dumplings were ready so they brought it out. We decided to share everything with each other. It was good but I'm not a big chicken and dumplings fan. My daughter couldn't find any dumplings. Next came the sides, which you purchase separately. We got Brussels sprouts and collards. Again I found them good. Next came my lamb souvlaki. It was excellent and decent sized compared to everything else that wasn't very big especially for the money. My son and daughter both got the quail. Neither liked it and the like everything. We got the rum cake and doughnuts which were good. I gave it a very good ranking because it was just fun sharing all the food. I also enjoyed having the courses come out separately so you could enjoy it and the conversations it brought. We ended up being there for almost 90 minutes.