“Worth waiting for.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mississippi neighborhood. 503-621-1400
Reviewed October 4, 2012

There is ALWAYS a wait, no matter what time you come. Hubby and I waited about 40 minutes until we were seated. We got there a little after they opened up shop on a Sunday morning. Of course there was already a line. Luckily, there is a coffee shop a little ways down the street, so he and I got our caffeine fix while waiting to get our phone call from Tasty.

Before we knew it, we were seated at the bar and our very friendly server Rebecca took our food orders. Honestly I wish we had ordered more food despite the fact that we couldn't even finish everything we ordered between the two of us. They have a large menu so I imagine this is a GREAT place to go with a group of friends or your family so that you can pick off each other's plates.

Anyway, so we had:

Biscuits in Sausage Gravy which was 3 miniature biscuits topped with a delicious white gravy with sausage bits... We gobbled this up with the quickness. 4/5 stars

Burmese Pork Stew w/ Eggs Two Ways- this was delicious. The pork was braised and super tender. Reminded me of some good ol' homecooking. Served over white rice and an over easy egg with yolk bursting out and flavoring the rice... MMM 5/5 stars all the way.

Steak and Eggs over a Cornbread Pancake and jalapeno butter- I can't figure out what kind of steak was used here. It had a gamey taste to it and it was a little tough when chewing. The cornbread cake was good, I mean who doesn't love cornbread. I didn't really detect the jalapeno in the butter... I'll rate this 3/5 stars.

Again, this place [like Toro Bravo] has the timing of food to a science... service is wonderful, food is delicious. Definitely recommended. Next time we're in PDX, I am coming here every day of the trip! Not kidding. =]

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We arrived at 8:40 on a Friday morning and were first in line. By 8:50 20 or so people were gathered and when doors opened at 9 am must have been 50 folks. We were seated promptly. Chose the bar top with the view to the kitchen since just the two of us.

the hot mama cocktail was crazy good. perfect amount of spice. The regular bloody mary good as well!

For food: bacon wrapped dates. Polenta sausage with egg, 1/2 order french toast, sunrise muffin and burmese pork stew.

All of it quite delicious. the polenta, muffin and pork served with an egg. Love them all.

People next to us had the kimchi and the spinach and it looked delicious too!

In at 9. Out by 10. Full, happy and satisfied. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Being a sister to Toro Bravo, our expectations were high. Meal was rushed as the service seemed to want to turn tables as fast as they could. Nothing stood out, cassoulet was like pork and beans with other meats thrown in. Maybe just a bad night, friends swear by this place. So we may have to try again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went here with my wife for breakfast today for the first time, and we were both really impressed! The restaurant is open with high ceilings. It's got a very cool atmosphere and is really inviting when you step inside. I ordered the fried egg and cheddar biscuit with fried chicken, and it was amazing! Definitely not for the calorie-conscious, though. My wife had the bambino plate, which comes with 2 strips of bacon, eggs, and a huge, fluffy biscuit with honey butter. We shared our meals and it was all delicious.

Tasty N Sons has an impressive bloody Mary list, as well. I can't remember exactly what mine was called, but I think it was their standard bloody Mary. Very tasty and spicy! My wife had the mimosa, which she really enjoyed.

All the staff provided great service. We sat at the bar and our server was a really friendly young woman who gave us great suggestions on the food and drinks. This was one of the best breakfast experiences I've had in a long time. I highly recommend Tasty N Sons and I'll be back as soon as I can!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Get there as early as you can because the number of people wanting to enjoy this fabulous place grows every minute they are open. That said, it is certainly worth whatever the wait may be. We were lucky and got there when they opened and were seated right away.

The food and service were both fabulous! Our server guided us through the menu, giving us don't miss items and others that we should leave until our second visit. It is so refreshing to have that kind of honesty and assistance!

We started with bacon wrapped dates and Sweet Biscuits with Marionberries. YUM!! The next items up were the BBQ Chicken Hash and the Burmese Red Pork Stew. We finished with the French Toast Sundae with bananas and caramel.

Each dish was absolutely fabulous, unique and so delicious!! In all honesty, I believe that anything one might order here is going to be "off the hook" terrific and worthy of high praise! Everything was so good, we wanted to stay and have dinner. Sadly, that wasn't possible but it was a worthy goal!!

The kitchen is run like a well oiled machine, with each station completely focused on their task and no others. The result is perfectly cooked food and orders that arrive just moments after they are finished. It doesn't get much better than this.

I cannot say enough great things about Tasty & Sons. I'd go anytime I was within three hours of Portland and would gladly wait in line till I was blessed with a table! DO NOT miss a spectacular meal here!

Seriously!!