“Amazing breakfast.”
Review of Accanto

Accanto
Reserve with OpenTable
Accanto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #303 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 29th ave
Transit: Tri Met Belmont #15.
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing breakfast.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went there with another couple and had a champagne breakfast. Everything was exceptional from the sweet potatoes doughnuts; devilled eggs; fried oysters to the simple bacon and eggs breakfast. Home fries were cooked perfectly. Great service too!

Visited December 2012

Portland, Oregon
“I'm a local Portlander and I LOVE it here...Fritto Misto is the best.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm not embaressed to admit that I eat here about every other week. The fritto misto is so good I have dreams about it. Fried olives and lemons with juicy shrimp and calamari = perfection. Monday night is spagetti and meatballs night and the house bottle of wine is a great value. Happy hour is a fantastic deal and the lasagna is delicious. Bartender and wait staff are personable, professional and make the experience that much better.

• Visited October 2012
St Croix Virgin Islands
“So good we did it twice”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been a huge fan of Genoa since my first accidental visit there in 1977. I still remember what I ate then. In 1998, when my wife had a conference in Portland, I agreed to accompany her just so that I could take her to dinner at Genoa. It was as good as I had remembered.
Last month we had a conference in Portland and looked forward to going again but the fixed menu was not to our liking. We were told that a bistro next door, Accanto, shared the same kitchen, was less formal and the food was super.

IT WAS.
We squeezed in and aete at the bar on Saturday night and were wowed by the food particularly the stuffed squash blossoms and the frito misto. When friends arrived two days later to join us at the conference, we made another reservation and did it all again.

Portland is a great restaurant city and the idea of repeating a restaurant in the same week while there were a dozen others to try was alien to our sensibilities, but, not sharing this find with other friends would have been inexcusable.

don't miss this place!

Visited September 2012
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Nice happy hour a good preview of dinner entrees”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I found Accanto as part of a search for a good happy hour, so we stopped by after work, discovering that it doesn't open until 5pm. We sat outside on a nice evening. We were greeted with water and the menus. Our server showed up shortly after to help explain the drink and food choices. Accanto has a good and varied wine selection as well as well drinks, local and Italian beers. We had the prosciutto and peaches, the bruschetta, the tuna and the tagliatelle bolognese. Each item was delicious and a perfect amount for a happy hour sharing. I was going to have a second drink, but our server disappeared for quite a while, coming back to apologize for working on a project. The food is fresh and delicious and I can definitely see going back to the Belmont area for another visit here

• Visited August 2012
global
“Exquisite food and perfect service”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Last night's dinner was outside seating at Accante (next to Genoa) in the Belmont district. Superb service of frita mista (calamari, shrimp, green olives and lemon slices), padrones with marinated tuna, pickled mussels, cheese-stuffed squash blossoms, and whole trout. Finito with a basil-prosecco sorbet so delightful we ordered yet another! Excellent Italian white wine from Umbria accompanied. Our waiter was really top-notch, as was the warm but professional greeting and follow-up by the hostess at the door. We will be back.

• Visited July 2012