“Nice happy hour a good preview of dinner entrees”
Review of Accanto

Accanto
Reserve with OpenTable
Accanto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #319 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 29th ave
Transit: Tri Met Belmont #15.
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I found Accanto as part of a search for a good happy hour, so we stopped by after work, discovering that it doesn't open until 5pm. We sat outside on a nice evening. We were greeted with water and the menus. Our server showed up shortly after to help explain the drink and food choices. Accanto has a good and varied wine selection as well as well drinks, local and Italian beers. We had the prosciutto and peaches, the bruschetta, the tuna and the tagliatelle bolognese. Each item was delicious and a perfect amount for a happy hour sharing. I was going to have a second drink, but our server disappeared for quite a while, coming back to apologize for working on a project. The food is fresh and delicious and I can definitely see going back to the Belmont area for another visit here

There are newer reviews for Accanto

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Last night's dinner was outside seating at Accante (next to Genoa) in the Belmont district. Superb service of frita mista (calamari, shrimp, green olives and lemon slices), padrones with marinated tuna, pickled mussels, cheese-stuffed squash blossoms, and whole trout. Finito with a basil-prosecco sorbet so delightful we ordered yet another! Excellent Italian white wine from Umbria accompanied. Our waiter was really top-notch, as was the warm but professional greeting and follow-up by the hostess at the door. We will be back.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I had an excellent dinner on a busy Friday night. The service was exceptional! The waiter was extremely knowledgeable about all the wine on the wine list and offered good advice about the food. We loved the grilled asparagus with an egg on top, the lasagna was incredible. We liked everything we ordered. The prices are reasonable especially for the quality of the food being served. Parking was easy to find as well.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Great food and service- very interactive waitstaff

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Went there for dinner. The place looks great - hip and casual. The only complaint is that the tables are unreasonably close to each other, so you hear every word from the tables next to you, and you know they hear every word you say. Not a place for an intimate conversation for sure...

For food, I like the concept of antipasti combination, plus I like the fact that there are many warm (rather than cold) dishes. We had prawns, pate and cod fritters - all tasted pretty good. We like the pork chop entree - the pork chop was executed right on - almost like a good tonkatsu in Japanese cuisine. The accompanying salad was a bit too strong in taste. We also had the Salmon Ravioli which I thought was disappointing - a bit bland with little appeal. Pasta says a lot about an Italian restaurant and I cannot say it has a lot of good thing to say based on the dish I had. Pistachio Panna Cotta was enjoyable.

Wine list was good - decent number of solid choices at the lower price range.

Service was good and friendly - not too much and not too little. I like it.

There are many competitors in the casual Italian bistro category - Accanto is doing decent. We have no problem going there again, yet not really thinking about returning any time soon.