“Great Fish & Chips”

The Frying Scotsman
Ranked #66 of 256 Quick Bites in Portland
Cuisines: Scottish
Description: This is a foodcart, so it might not qualify for your purposes, but this was the best Fish and Chips I have ever had. And I've had fish and chips is over 12 counties. I was so impressed, I had to try to get him listed here.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Steady customer for years...always consistently fresh fish...the owners recent relocation to the BG Pod in Beaverton was a good move.....the chips are hand cut and fried perfectly...multiple fish choices....I’d recommend the cod...the slaw is maybe a weak point but acceptable...

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (55)

Reviewed August 11, 2019

I have had a lot of fried fish in Oregon. The Crab Bowl was the best until it closed in the late 70s nothing has been as good... ever, anywhere. I ordered the Halibut and was surprised it was cooked perfectly, with huge portions, the batter was delicate and crisp the fish was firm not bone dry. The fries and tarter sauce were great so was the curry. I will be back, and I highly recommend The Frying Scotsman to those who are picky fish eaters, and yes the cart was very clean. When you have had the best nothing else will do.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019

I had the Halibut fish and chips and it was incredible. I have visited the UK many times and while the fish and chips I had there were very good this is simply a cut above. The batter was flaky and the fish was thick and juicy. So glad to have this place this side of the hills in Beaverton! Looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Now located in Beaverton at BG’s food cartel. Large portion with 3 big pieces of haddock & plenty of chips battered & cooked to order. Worth the wait. New location means you can sit at picnic tables, grab a beer, let the kids play, & enjoy your meal.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The finest fish and chips served by a Scottish gentleman. We were mildly hungry and the haddock large portion was just perfect for two to share.

If I would live in the area it would be our place to go.

Date of visit: June 2018