“Great food and service.”
Review of Portland Prime - CLOSED

Portland Prime
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd & Pine
Transit: Portland's Light Rail (MAX) stops 2 blocks away on 1st & Oak.
Description: Featuring fresh Northwest seafood, prime steak and chops along with farm-fresh produce and specialty items made by local artisans and purveyors. A glowing wood fired oven, charcuterie station and oyster bar, vintage cocktails, local craft micro-brews and barrel-to-tap wines by the glass from Oregon vintners are hallmarks of the Portland Prime experience. The restaurant is open for lunch, dinner and happy hour daily features a Champagne Sunday Brunch. A private dining room is available and seats up to 40 guests with an adjacent wine cellar.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I thought I was going to a hotel restaurant and was going because it was convenient. I was supprised to find out it was not part of the hotel. The food and service was excellent. Keep it going i will be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Went to Portland Prime last week with high hopes for a great meal. Our server was friendly and pleasant and the atmosphere was quite nice but the food was disappointing. My husband had a filet mignon that was cut to an irregular thickness causing half of the meat to be overdone. The meat was grainy and chewy. He asked for bearnaise sauce - it was more like chilled salty butter. The potatoes were undercooked. My rib eye was passable but more like one would expect at a less expensive chain restaurant the manager actually removed the charge for my husband's meal but our special meal was decidedly lacking

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had a Groupon and went for lunch. We were seated immediately and the service was great! It was hard to choose from the menu, but I wound up choosing the salad sampler. Three great salads in one! Although, next time, I would ask for the dressing on the side. My husband had the french dip and it was delectable! It was cozy and comfortable, we didn't feel rushed. Most of the entrees were $15.00 or less and quite abundant for lunch. I look forward to going back and trying some of the appetizers to share and taste.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Like many I came here first because of the Groupon but I will certainly be going back. Had the baseball sirloin and it was cook well and the Mac and Cheese was nice and light rather than the cheese based stomach ball served elsewhere. The seafood pasta got a great review as well and the wine (an Oregon Pinot Noir of course) worked well with it all. Service was friendly and the atmosphere was good, not too noisy like some places I've been in Portland.

The only thing that would make this 5 over 4 is common to most steak places here in the US. I like my steak rare but nice and warm in the middle, this means cooking from room temperature rather than the fridge. I asked the waiter and he said they cooked from cold so medium rare it was and it tasted great.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Made use of a Groupon promotional; my husband, son, and I tried Portland Prime for dinner. The service was outstanding, the meals were really, really good, and the ambiance of the restaurant was conducive to couples, families, or business dining. My son had the rib eye filet (medium rare), my husband the salmon (medium), and I had the prime rib (medium rare). All the meats were cooked perfectly, the salads were nicely dressed, the beef barely soup was rich and hearty, and the baked potato was just as my son ordered. Nice selection of wine for any taste as budget. Didn't have room for dessert this time. We will definitely dine at the Portland Prime again, soon!

1  Thank col2or