“German food, great quality.”
Review of Kask

Kask
Ranked #174 of 4,593 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alder Street
Transit: Streetcar at 11th and Alder, #15 bus at 11th and Alder, MAX stop at Galleria/SW 10th and Morrison.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

German restaurant? At first I thought I was in for a disappointment. Choice is relatively limited as a proper German restaurant should be! The waiter was very courteous and listened to my intolerances requirements, I never felt I was giving them trouble. Everything went smoothly, I ate a nice trout and a small salad. I don't eat beef often as I don't like it and I don't eat sausages as they are always unhealthy. I felt the food was cooked very well, taste was simple and brilliant. Think about it, no olive oil, no butter, the fish was cooked and it was very delicious. If you fancy German food, or want to give it a try this is the place to go.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Throughout my whole meal I was treated with the attention one deserves at any restaurant, they don't spare having plenty of staff. The atmosphere is modern and clean with a full bar section for drinks and Happy Hour food items with a half wall separating the main dining room. The food is authentic, high quality and quickly served. The only iffy part is that they don't spare the salt so if you're on a strict, no-salt diet you should ask for dishes that can accommodate your needs. To get to the very well accommodated wheelchair restrooms, you go past the kitchen which I love to check out...everything is impeccable.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you enjoy authentic, old timey, German grub, but appreciate a high-end atmosphere this is the place for you. The service was lovely, the portions were large, and the quality of the food was great, aside from my dish which was mediocre. My husband had the charcutre garnie, which was great, others had the sausage dishes, I had the jagerschnitzel which was unfortunately under-seasoned and the breading was a little mealy. Our appetizers (including fois gras tournot), salads, and dessert were also fantastic. The wine and beer lists were great, as one would expect in Portland, and there were some fun German and Austrian wines that I was not familiar with that turned out to be a nice surprise. Please go and enjoy!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great food! The gnocchi appetizer is a fun twist & is not to be missed! The lamb was prepared well, as was the risotto; although, the risotto was slightly overdone. My husband also enjoyed his veal dish, and said it was great except he would have liked more sauce. local pinot noir rounded out a lovely meal. Nice selection of ice wine for dessert, and the chocolate hazelnut semifreddo was just the right amount of sweet. The restaurant was noisy, so if you're looking for a quiet place, this isn't it. I liked the energy level, and found it a nice change from stuffy restaurants.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect during our first visit. What we found was nothing fancy, no plates piled high with a little flag or flower, just well prepared, tasty authentic German food in generous portions. The wait staff was professional and efficient. We were not disappointed.